OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

Sampling in Ambient Music

<< < (2/2)

drone on:
Research Music Lab.  Perhaps they should have done more "research" on illegal sampling...

drone on:
I have this cd.  Group is Sowing Paranoia, album is Research Music Lab.  Unless another group sampled Structures, I'm 100% sure of this...

LNerell:

--- Quote from: drone on on September 24, 2013, 04:43:13 PM ---I have this cd.  Group is Sowing Paranoia, album is Research Music Lab.  Unless another group sampled Structures, I'm 100% sure of this...

--- End quote ---

Nope, not them I am referring to. Just so this doesn't continue into a long guessing game I am not going to say anything more about it.

judd stephens:
Thanks for the clarifications Loren.  A lot of times you don't see any credit given.  For example I'm enjoying this ambient download I found that weaves in Tibetan monk chanting extensively during the first track.   David Parsons uses a lot of those deep, low growling chants in his work, but maybe they at least get permission if not full credit. 

I hope they got credit, as I believe the monks were chanting something along the lines of "karma can be a bitch"... ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version