Author Topic: My review of "Light Textures" CDr by Amir Baghiri  (Read 330 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Light Textures" CDr by Amir Baghiri
« on: September 29, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »

Amir Baghiri "Light Textures" CDr

Collaboration between ambient composer and painter Amir Baghiri, a native Iranian based in Germany and ambitious German Attenuation Circuit label keeps on growing. Just the same as with "Prayers For The Earth" album, also "Light Textures" CDr comes in nice origami-style cardboard sleeve with eye-catching artwork by Kati Astraeir and design by Attenuation Circuit's leader Sascha Stadlmeier known as Emerge. The album was released in July 2013 in limited edition of 55 copies and is dedicated to a Persian mathematician, astronomer, and poet Omar Khayyam, who was one of the important philosophers and teachers of the medieval period.

"Crossing The Sky" fires the journey as the longest piece clocking to nearly 20-minute mark and immediately setting the atmosphere with moon landing voice transmissions, didgeridoo dronescape, slower tribal rhythm and subtle organic infusions. Smoothly moving through various, richly sculpted elevations, from primordial magic through expansive panoramic drifts to gentle tribal grooves, always immaculately harmonious and fascinatingly spacious. A truly immersing odyssey to the deepest end of atmospheric delightfulness!!! Amir is back at his best and I am completely hooked again!!! Rather noisier didge drones straightly invade "Red, Green And Blue", flavored by humming tinkles, but soon frenzied tribal drumming escapade steal the center stage, with phantoms guarding atop. After about 4 minutes the track converses like a chamaeleon into a landscape of tranquilly moving meanders, here and there enhanced by distant roars and undulating strains. The next, 10-minute cut, "Came With Dust Gone With Winds", unfolds with gracefully floating, ebbing and swelling peaceful washes. Utterly immense soundfields are explored, a virtuoso atmospheric performance continues!!! "Neither Stay, Nor Be Away" remains in continuously embracing terrains, slightly less colossal, but as much warmly sweeping and hauntingly sonorous as its predecessor. And this calmly absorbing journey proceeds with "When The Veil Falls", where rising and falling drifts paint ethereally vaporous tapestries, monstrously wide-screen and mesmerizingly amorphous dronewalls!!! "Sleepwalking Through....", a 10-plus minutes long piece closes this masterfully sublime and divine walk through supremely soothing aural paradise with eternally tiding nocturnal blankets with deep hums showcasing apparent influence by the Master. Fascinating listening experience for all stargazers!!!

"Light Textures" album features a very solid soundscapes by Amir Baghiri, where sonics are beautifully bridged with both, the main theme and the visuals and where the overall, incredibly grandiose spaciousness is cleverly colored by some refine earthy delicacies. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't wait too long before ordering "Light Textures" CDr because of smaller run, so act now!!!

Richard Gürtler (Sep 29, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)