Author Topic: A game just made for ambient music  (Read 3605 times)

Hypnagogue

• Let's do music.
    • View Profile
    • Hypnagogue Reviews
A game just made for ambient music
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »
A friend sent this link earlier. I clicked over to it and naturally happened to have a bit of ambient going in the headphones. Something slow and quiet and ethereal. (Like right now...Jeffrey Koepper's "Distant Light" from the Etherea CD.) And it was a match made in heaven.

So grab a nice drifty disk, or bring it up on the 'pod, put on the headphones and mesmerize yourself playing The Hell of Sand.
Hypnagogue Reviews
one listener's opinion on new music
hypnagoguereviews.wordpress.com
Hypnagogue Podcast
hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: A game just made for ambient music
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »

Neat  :)
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Bill Binkelman

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:59:25 PM »
Oh man, I don't know if it's made for ambient music, but from the same site that provides that game, this one (see link) is tailor made for us lovers of the movie Office Space. This one is getting bookmarked by me for sure! I tried to kill myself and only got 50% damage the first time!  ;D

http://www.gamerevolution.com/goodie/flash_games/5_minutes_to_kill

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:28:47 AM »
Both games were very cool.  Bill, you have a sick sense of humor! ;)  I didn't do that well, either, though I was able to get my head into the paper shredder twice. ;D

Forrest

Bill Binkelman

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 04:59:04 AM »
Both games were very cool.  Bill, you have a sick sense of humor! ;)  I didn't do that well, either, though I was able to get my head into the paper shredder twice. ;D

Forrest

I particularly like putting on the paper mache horse-head and having my co-workers slash me...although what the born-again co-worker does to you is pretty funny too. It's a lot harder than it looks to take a lot of damage. Stapling yourself is worth a go, tough, although you don't do much damage unless you do it 3 or 4 times.

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 05:17:48 AM »
I was able to hurt myself on the second floor by angering the IT department, who slash you with Dungeons and Dragons attacks.  I finished myself off by peeing on the computers.   :D

Hypnagogue

• Let's do music.
    • View Profile
    • Hypnagogue Reviews
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:17:44 AM »

Forrest

I particularly like putting on the paper mache horse-head and having my co-workers slash me...

It's a pinata!
Hypnagogue Reviews
one listener's opinion on new music
hypnagoguereviews.wordpress.com
Hypnagogue Podcast
hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com