Author Topic: is the default theme forum used for any specific reason ?  (Read 415 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
is the default theme forum used for any specific reason ?
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »
Not to complain or anything but is there any specific reason why the default theme of the forum is the default obviously there is themes that looks way better IMO.
I think not many people are aware that you can change it...it kind of hard to see it... Maybe one should be informed during sign up ?

For your information there is only about 10 people of 806 that use the other themes.

Seren

• View Profile
Re: is the default theme forum used for any specific reason ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
I did try some of the other themes for a time - but found that sometimes I could not read what was sent to me or others could not read what I sent to them. In the end I just settled for the default.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:54 PM »
I used the boring, generic interface as the default for this forum because many people have indicated they look at the forum during the day, while they're at work, and weird/dark pages on their web browser make it obvious to their co-workers they're looking at something that's not work-related.

It's easy enough for individuals to change to different color schemes, though as Seren indicated, sometimes if you select a different color scheme, someone else's posts using color will not look right.

In the past I always used a dark color scheme myself, but lately I have switched back to using the default partly because of the first reason I mentioned (I now work in a cubicle instead of in my own office, and the company owner's window looks out onto my desk) and also because I think it's best for me to view the forum the way most users view it, so that I can more readily determine problems should any arise.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
I used the boring, generic interface as the default for this forum because many people have indicated they look at the forum during the day, while they're at work, and weird/dark pages on their web browser make it obvious to their co-workers they're looking at something that's not work-related.

It's easy enough for individuals to change to different color schemes, though as Seren indicated, sometimes if you select a different color scheme, someone else's posts using color will not look right.

In the past I always used a dark color scheme myself, but lately I have switched back to using the default partly because of the first reason I mentioned (I now work in a cubicle instead of in my own office, and the company owner's window looks out onto my desk) and also because I think it's best for me to view the forum the way most users view it, so that I can more readily determine problems should any arise.

I find personally white being where hard on the eyes...
Well maybe people should try to work instead of doing what they are not paid for ;)

Well anyway, thank you for offering more alternative themes.
It is nice to be able to switch it makes you feel in a better of state of mind...