MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

KVR Black friday/cyber monday sales list

<< < (2/12) > >>

Scott M2:
Thanks APK. Judging from the demos, Lush-101 has a great analog sound. When I look around for reviews there's always mention about the large CPU needs. Probably great for the studio but (like Iris) touchy for multi-synth live use. Still tempting...

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: Scott M2 on November 29, 2013, 04:01:16 PM ---Thanks APK. Judging from the demos, Lush-101 has a great analog sound. When I look around for reviews there's always mention about the large CPU needs. Probably great for the studio but (like Iris) touchy for multi-synth live use. Still tempting...

--- End quote ---

Some people will probably think I am craazy, but Lush-101 was probably one of the main reasons I sold my Oberheim Xpander.
The filters are awesome... the only problem is... it use a lot of cpu...
you really need to have the LATEST intel cpu for it...
I have the first Core i7 generation (920) overclocked from 2.6GHZ to 3.5 GHZ
still not enough. Even some presets in low quality mode is too much

APK:
Well it is a multi-layered synth architecture, so a big patch can be like running up to 8 synths at the same time, with multiple effects. You gotta expect some strain on the system under those conditions. (its a bit like Omnisphere in that regard) But it is a beauty for sure, and it can easily be used with fewer OSC's and effects. And it does have such an excellent, and big interface. 8) It is one of the best straight-forward analog-like subtractive software synths I've tried. I'll probably pick up a copy this weekend.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: APK on November 30, 2013, 06:13:38 PM ---Well it is a multi-layered synth architecture, so a big patch can be like running up to 8 synths at the same time, with multiple effects. You gotta expect some strain on the system under those conditions. (its a bit like Omnisphere in that regard) But it is a beauty for sure, and it can easily be used with fewer OSC's and effects. And it does have such an excellent, and big interface. 8) It is one of the best straight-forward analog-like subtractive software synths I've tried. I'll probably pick up a copy this weekend.

--- End quote ---

Well, It is good that they do not compromise the audio..I am just telling...
it is one of the most cpu heavy soft synths I have ever tried..but it might also explain why it sound better then most..

I am little bit disappointing with Waldorf Largo..not much has happen with it for a long time...I think it had a lot of potential..they did promise that they will add more filters from the Q family.

The main problem with it is that it sounds too thin...but very clean...
Just too bad they do not put more resources into it.
Also strange to see that their Q family is not even in their product family anymore... only the blofield.. So I wonder what the future for Waldorf really is..they released mostly disappointments in the last few years.. just budget products...but not much high end which put technology forward.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: APK on November 30, 2013, 06:13:38 PM ---Well it is a multi-layered synth architecture, so a big patch can be like running up to 8 synths at the same time, with multiple effects. You gotta expect some strain on the system under those conditions. (its a bit like Omnisphere in that regard) But it is a beauty for sure, and it can easily be used with fewer OSC's and effects. And it does have such an excellent, and big interface. 8) It is one of the best straight-forward analog-like subtractive software synths I've tried. I'll probably pick up a copy this weekend.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if they use parts of the toraverb code in the lush-101, will experiment to disable it and see if it makes a huge difference to disable the effects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version