Author Topic: 2014 the year when 4K models will flood the market and reach humane levels  (Read 588 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Dell will release a 4K monitor 24 inches soon which have very attractive price point, as a response to that Asus did lower a price of their 32 inch asus monitor with about 1 third of the price...well.. the price war is on..
I think 2014 will be the year I jump from 1008p to 4k...

It will make a huge difference, unles 4k tvs, 4k will actually make a dramatic difference cause you watch it from short distance.

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
Re: 2014 the year when 4K models will flood the market and reach humane levels
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:21:26 AM »
The Dell uses an IPS panel too. *drool* Using that would be like heaven to the eyes.
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
The Dell uses an IPS panel too. *drool* Using that would be like heaven to the eyes.

Yes want against the 21:9 format though, I bought the latest LG monitor in that format I sold after two weeks 16:9 is certainly a better all around monitor...a much more of the content is adapted to that format... not only videos but web pages..etc... I bought it for it to be a good DAW screen... but I realized it is important to have a good monitor when you do not use DAW too... and the 21:9 screen was not...

I really like the asus I hope it will drop in price a lot...

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
Given I never use web browsers fullscreen, a 21:9 monitor would be fine for me. I've been eyeing them for the past few months. I don't really have room for two monitors on my desk, but a 21:9 monitor would fit nicely.
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
Well, if possible try to demo in store before..you might not like it..

Yes I bought the LG 21:9 monitor because I did use two monitors before..but then one them died..

I will give you my conclusion, atleast with the LG split screen software there is still an advantage with using two monitors.  When I had two monitors, I did tend to all of the time to watch movies or video clips and streaming on the right screen in full screen mode, this was not possible with the LG screen even with the split screen software, cause you can't put a program in fullscreen it will cover the whole screen..

I was dissapointed, I thought on youtube I got the impression that with the split screen software two seprate screens would show up in windows... that would be the ultimate..

Yeah so I guess it does depend how you use it... sure it was nice when I was using it in DAW but for the other stuff I did really prefer 16:9.

But for me personally, the 21:9 was too wide for my desk it did actually cover my racks I have on the desk on the sites...anyway I sold mine after two weeks.. it did also made me clear to me next time I buy a monitor it must be higher resolution then what I have now.