MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Founder of Native Instruments New Hardware Synth

<< < (2/11) > >>

Ekstasis:
well let me guess, another super flexible product with terrible sound quality...
usually that is the way... it is not often both worlds meet together.

The new Prophet 12 seemed amazing but it sounded like a average soft synth...
Or the Solaris synth. So much focus on everything else besides the pure sound. 

Well anyway...this might be unique who knows the prototype looks atleast different..
it will be intersting to see what all these buttons are for..either they are multi function buttons similar
to oberheim xpander/matrix 12, where each button is an object such as filter and you change parameters of the object with the knobs on the left. or the buttons are "cells with samples similar to a lot of software samplers or ableton session view...  On the top where it is just empty will probably be more knobs...

Julio Di Benedetto:

--- Quote from: Immersion on December 07, 2013, 02:06:48 PM ---well let me guess, another super flexible product with terrible sound quality...

--- End quote ---

I cant fathom how you have an opinion about this metal frame and keyboard when it hardly makes a sound and one that you have not heard, unless you mean that NI soft synths have a terrible sound quality and this man has something to do with the creation of that company so......???  Did you actually read the quote or go to website.  It is the "idea" of something that is one of the most powerful forces on this planet. Its usually simple in essence and can often be extraordinary in completion.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: Julio Di Benedetto on December 07, 2013, 03:18:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Immersion on December 07, 2013, 02:06:48 PM ---well let me guess, another super flexible product with terrible sound quality...

--- End quote ---

I cant fathom how you have an opinion about this metal frame and keyboard when it hardly makes a sound and one that you have not heard, unless you mean that NI soft synths have a terrible sound quality and this man has something to do with the creation of that company so......???  Did you actually read the quote or go to website.  It is the "idea" of something that is one of the most powerful forces on this planet. Its usually simple in essence and can often be extraordinary in completion.

--- End quote ---

I look it into a more historic context.. how much synths does really sound good ? and is anything special ?
Most digital synths sounds the same average sound...  If it is analogue digital hybrid I would very happy...
Yes please to Analogue OSCs and Filters.  If not it will probably sound just like any other synth out there.
But we will see..the odds are still low...I have seen so many new synths hyped over the years..same hype.. usually always amazing in all ways, good to use and perform with but always lack the good sound. Luckily you can get even a crap sounding synth to sound good with an extensive effect chain that is basically my approach.  If I had a bigger budget to spend on synths I would probably had preferred to use more analogue or hardware synths.

Julio Di Benedetto:

--- Quote from: Immersion on December 07, 2013, 02:06:48 PM ---The new Prophet 12 seemed amazing but it sounded like a average soft synth...

--- End quote ---

Immersion.....In one sense Im happy you are so vocal....and I do respect your opinion but you are mistaken.....its ok, you dont have the perspective which is something middle age men like myself  have earned through experience. You have youth that should have hope and a less jaded viewpoint..... ;)

You do know your pursuit for what is pure will only lead to silence...I hope thats what you are looking for.

No offense ment....just tired of having imho potentially good threads trashed.

Love & Peace

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: Julio Di Benedetto on December 07, 2013, 06:35:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Immersion on December 07, 2013, 02:06:48 PM ---The new Prophet 12 seemed amazing but it sounded like a average soft synth...

--- End quote ---

Immersion.....In one sense Im happy you are so vocal....and I do respect your opinion but you are mistaken.....its ok, you dont have the perspective which is something middle age men like myself  have earned through experience. You have youth that should have hope and a less jaded viewpoint..... ;)

You do know your pursuit for what is pure will only lead to silence...I hope thats what you are looking for.

No offense ment....just tired of having imho potentially good threads trashed.

Love & Peace

--- End quote ---

I did not give up hope, I said lets wait and see...
Lets see what the synth has to offer, just new functions or actually great sonic sound.
Most manufactures prefer to just make cool functions and features it works better in advertisement too... makes it look more new and "revolutionary" well all that is good, but do not forget the sound too.

Obviously it is an easier task to make a synth with new cool function then a synth that offer amazing sonic quality.  Let's see if it will be another soft synth in hardware format...
Atleast we know it will not have a big ipad-screen like many other so called "Revolutionary" synths today (sigh).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version