OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Computers, Internet and Technology

windows start menu will be back in windows 8.2

(1/5) > >>

Ekstasis:
Good news Windows start menu will be back in windows 8.2 as a optional choice.

Well..they should had done it under the 1 year beta period .

xouoxno:
good news. I still haven't tried Win8 yet.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: xouoxno on December 11, 2013, 03:49:29 PM ---good news. I still haven't tried Win8 yet.

--- End quote ---

Yes good initiative by Microsoft, I think it will take away 99% of the windows 8 haters.

But it is still a mystery why they did not do it earlier..
but I speculate if they would release it with the start menu people would complain too much that windows 8 was too similar to windows 7.  Well almost all people agree that it was a stupid choice to not make an option to activate the windows 7 start menu.

SunDummy:
Finally.

My wife bought a laptop right when Win 8 came out, and had to get it, despite wanting 7.  She hates it so much she never uses that computer.  I've tried to get used to it, but it forces me to completely change the way I use the desktop, etc., so I don't use it either.  Very expensive paperweight.   >:(

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: SunDummy on December 11, 2013, 05:40:38 PM ---Finally.

My wife bought a laptop right when Win 8 came out, and had to get it, despite wanting 7.  She hates it so much she never uses that computer.  I've tried to get used to it, but it forces me to completely change the way I use the desktop, etc., so I don't use it either.  Very expensive paperweight.   >:(

--- End quote ---

I think Microsoft is really stubborn, it is obvious about how many want the start menu back or atleast make it an option to enable it.  I have not heard one single person who prefer the metro or mordern UI instead of the old start menu not one single person... so yeah.. 

Obviousaly I have adapted with modern UI so for me it is not a problem any more, I use it as fast as the start menu.. but it would feel better for my mind to not have to open up this full screen window every time..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version