« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:10:19 PM »
does any one really use this ? :)
I never would :)

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
Re: ???
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
The Immersion Station was first shown at Soundquest Fest, they are on their 3rd version now. I've never used it because I've never had an iphone up till a week ago, but lots of people have bought it from what I understand.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
The Immersion Station was first shown at Soundquest Fest, they are on their 3rd version now. I've never used it because I've never had an iphone up till a week ago, but lots of people have bought it from what I understand.

The main questions are…who really needs this? And whatīs the purpose?

Maybe sounding once like Timeroom Studios? Or by using it to be sure that it will sound great because those are SR loops?

Still donīt get the meaning out of this. Maybe itīs much more simple and itīs just a toy for people having fun combined with a financially purpose by using this name as a trademark.

But itīs hardly to dismiss, that a lot of it written there is really on the border drifting into amusement - especially when looking at it from a perspective of a musician:

"Use Immersion Station to sculpt your own personal soundworld environment for deep listening, meditation, as well as for working at the computer, reading, travel and sleeping."

;D

Greetings,
Tomas
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:09:14 PM by El culto »

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
This is in the same vein as Eno's Scape.  A toy yes, fun yes, a novelty yes. 

I think its very cool and I hope it helps to bring people into Steve's Immersion world and perhaps into ours. And hey....why not let one of the great ambient electronic pioneers get them into their yoga / mediative states than.....I don't know, lets say Yanni.  No offense Yanni fans.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
does any one really use this ? :)
I never would :)

I bought the first version of this for my ipod a long time ago; I didn't realize there were newer editions. It is fun to play with. It is certainly not something designed for musicians, but, as a "fan toy," it was super-neat.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »
Don't look at this app as a musician's  tool or as a toy. This is a Steve Roach long-form atmospheric piece.

As opposed to a CD, you can adjust the mix & panning of the 5 stereo stems if you choose - or just pick a mix from the menu or let the parts randomly mix themselves. It's really just a different way to experience a long-form track - with the option to control the mix.

Another aspect to consider is that due to the crazy-low app pricing "standards" these cost only $3-$5 each (with no shipping costs) for a long track.

I just bought the new one yesterday and from limited listening, I think it's my fave from the series so far.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 12:36:42 AM »
Exactly, its not being sold as a musician's tool, something to put in your mix. More like a CD that you can customize the mix for your own enjoyment.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:35:39 AM »
Don't look at this app as a musician's  tool or as a toy. This is a Steve Roach long-form atmospheric piece.

As opposed to a CD, you can adjust the mix & panning of the 5 stereo stems if you choose - or just pick a mix from the menu or let the parts randomly mix themselves. It's really just a different way to experience a long-form track - with the option to control the mix.

Another aspect to consider is that due to the crazy-low app pricing "standards" these cost only $3-$5 each (with no shipping costs) for a long track.

I just bought the new one yesterday and from limited listening, I think it's my fave from the series so far.

I think it is more fun for non-muscian actually.. personally I just do find myself want play around with that app just to merge some loops... but I can understand people who do it though...