Author Topic: Elektron Analog Keys (new Analog synthesizer from sweeden!)  (Read 1389 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: Elektron Analog Keys (new Analog synthesizer from sweeden!)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 04:03:43 AM »
Yeah, but it's not really a matrix 12 right? ;)

I know a very good technician here, he fixed the 4 voice version, I'm not scared when it comes to vintage, especially with his backup.

What in life is not a time bomb, eh?

I wouldn't buy that matrix 12 too, I haven't the right skills yet, but IMO cooling the lust with other synths/substitutes is not the way to go, if you want the matrix or the xpander then grab the matrix or the xpander :) the more you spend on other stuff the more further away you will be from the original goal (use this method for other stuff in life) ahaha

My two cents.

The 2 voice and 4 voice synths are still in production.    After have been owning the Xpnader for the while I would be more intersted in the new 2 voice synth.. I guess the 4 voice is too expensive..  But I think for drone music this is perfect..

Cosmic Fabric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:55 AM »

I know a very good technician here, he fixed the 4 voice version, I'm not scared when it comes to vintage, especially with his backup.

I wouldn't buy that matrix 12 too, I haven't the right skills yet, but IMO cooling the lust with other synths/substitutes is not the way to go, if you want the matrix or the xpander then grab the matrix or the xpander :) the more you spend on other stuff the more further away you will be from the original goal (use this method for other stuff in life) ahaha

My two cents.

The 2 voice and 4 voice synths are still in production.

This is the one he repaired:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/4voice.php

Hey I'm just quoting what you said:

I am more interested in how it compare with Oberheim Xpander for instance.

My conclusion is that none of your options compare to an xpander or matrix 12 and that's the whole point of this discussion.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 08:18:06 AM »

My two cents.

The 2 voice and 4 voice synths are still in production.

This is the one he repaired:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/4voice.php

Hey I'm just quoting what you said:

I am more interested in how it compare with Oberheim Xpander for instance.

My conclusion is that none of your options compare to an xpander or matrix 12 and that's the whole point of this discussion.

I am only intereted in the new PRO and digitally controlled versions, that is the old one.

Xpander was just one example since it fits well for ambient music, the SEM series is not as much used for some reason,
but from what I have been hearing about it it sounds very good...

I have no problem that it sounds different the xpander or matrix it is not like they are some ultimate benchmark they just sound different..
Anyway I will never buy xpander or matrix again, as I said..the older they get you more likely is it that they break down.. in my country it is not many people who can repair it if any.. and it would be expensive. the New Sem series I think will not break down any time soon..they seem rigid.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »
OBERHEIM FVS (Four Voice)

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »

Glad I don´t have this one…you can create this sound with most freeware plugins…

Don´t understand the hype!

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »

Glad I don´t have this one…you can create this sound with most freeware plugins…

Don´t understand the hype!

To my ears the difference between the software synths I have tried is so obvious that no software comes close to the real deal of analogue synths.
The Oberheim I tried I still consider to be double as fat sounding as any software synth I have tried, but I mange to get similar results with "studio tricks" and effects, but still not at much interesting harmonic content to work with because of the digital OSCs.

Oberheim 4 Voice

Tom Oberheim SEM Frequency Modulation Noodles

Delayed cry for help: Oberheim SEM-PRO & Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man

Oberheim Live on the I-5

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:26:49 PM by Immersion »