Author Topic: Ambient 028  (Read 177 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Ambient 028
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
Sounds very close to steve roach which was my only influence of this track, using lexicon reverbs and using disharmonic pitchifting to create drones. Recorded in 2009.

http://kiwi6.com/file/9m8iwkv3eb

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: Ambient 028
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »
What happened to your album project thread - which is now gone ?

Here's my advice (for what its worth), instead of posting lots of work-in-progress stuff, why not just concentrate on finishing an album and releasing it ?

Put it up on Bandcamp - or even better still, iTunes and the like, then see how people respond to it. So, instead of being a critic of other people's projects, you can then be the creator and see what comes with that. You might find it to be an interesting exercise.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »
I agree with Pete.

And Niclas you really should not be filling this section with your individual personal tracks.
Can you imagine what this would be like if everyone started putting all their unfinished pieces in here!!!
Please create an Ekstasis sub thread here or in Member Projects and put them all in there.
That way it is your thread and you can put whatever you want in there, it is all kept together, and other people can visit it if they choose too.
www.dataobscura.com
http://dataobscura.bandcamp.com
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
What happened to your album project thread - which is now gone ?

Here's my advice (for what its worth), instead of posting lots of work-in-progress stuff, why not just concentrate on finishing an album and releasing it ?

Put it up on Bandcamp - or even better still, iTunes and the like, then see how people respond to it. So, instead of being a critic of other people's projects, you can then be the creator and see what comes with that. You might find it to be an interesting exercise.

Not sure which you mean but it was in this thread people started to tell me to release a bamdcamp album so www.hypnos.com/smf/index.php?topic=8744.0

So I decided I will try to release a band camp album this year.  With thee Ambient 021 track  plus remixes of some old  stuff.  But I also need to make some new stuff which is created 2017.

Actually it was feedback from here that got me to decided to release an Ambient album I have not made Ambient in a long time I have sold all my equipment.  I need some basic stuff to start again.  I have no sound interface or converter to my computer so I get no sound in the speaker.  I must buy a new midi keyboard I have nothing to play on.  I buy nothing new until namm 2017 this month. If I  would buy that dsi ob-6 it would bring another spark of inspiration  for sure.

Also it is a big difference putting it up on forum then om bamdcamp I think I find it hard to do that if I am not totally satisfied.

This is the art work of the album.  And this track 028 will probably be included I am kind of satisfied with it maybe add some more layers only and excite the sound a little bit

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:51:25 PM by Ekstasis »

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
I agree with Pete.

And Niclas you really should not be filling this section with your individual personal tracks.
Can you imagine what this would be like if everyone started putting all their unfinished pieces in here!!!
Please create an Ekstasis sub thread here or in Member Projects and put them all in there.
That way it is your thread and you can put whatever you want in there, it is all kept together, and other people can visit it if they choose too.

I am sorry I am posting my tracks or om your forum.  I guess you prefer no posts at all here?  The forum is kind of dead I would not mind if people did post their music creations here on a daily basis.  I have no more tracks to post I have posted all my compositions so it will not be a problem anymore.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
No one said don't post tracks. Just put them in your sub thread, in the right place (Forum Member Projects).
I though my reason was clear.

Your tracks are neither Podcasts, Mixes, or Music Sample Clips.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:28:37 PM by APK »
www.dataobscura.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »
No one said don't post tracks. Just put them in your sub thread, in the right place (Forum Member Projects).
I though my reason was clear.

Your tracks are neither Podcasts, Mixes, or Music Sample Clips.

Alright will do in future

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »
Thanks.
www.dataobscura.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Thanks.

Maybe you can movie my ancient 21 thread do a the right section and I can rename the thread name

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »
Done.

It is now in Forum Member Projects, a little down.
www.dataobscura.com