Behringer has displayed their X-Touch control surface at NAMM 2014
with Mackie Control and HUI protocols and X32 mixer serie remote control (especially for the rack one). They will also offer cheaper very too with less feature set.
That seems a refreshing offer for DAW control at (I hope) an affordable price.
- Universal DAW Remote Controller for Studio and Live applications
Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols for seamless integration with every compatible music production software;
- 9 fully automated and touch-sensitive 100 mm motorized faders;
- 8 dynamic LCD Scribble Strips for instant overview of track names and parameters;
- Ethernet interface for RTP (Real-Time Protocol) MIDI and future BEHRINGER X32 remote control;
- 8 rotary controls with LED-collars for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters;
- 92 dedicated illuminated buttons for direct access of key functions
8-segment LED meters per channel for precise level control;
- Large jog/shuttle wheel and tape-style transport controls for intuitive operation;
- Built-in 2x2 USB/MIDI interface for direct connection to Mac or PC computers and one external MIDI device;
- 2 dedicated footswitch connectors and one foot controller input for external remote control;
- 2-port powered multi-TT USB hub for connecting additional controllers
"Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~) and low power consumption for energy saving.http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH.aspx