Author Topic: Grammys/Kraftwerk  (Read 382 times)

jdh

• View Profile
Grammys/Kraftwerk
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
Watched bits of the Grammys yesterday.Since I am not into MOR music,it meant nothing to me.Actually sad what passes for music now. Daft Punk are kinda of cool with the robots( hmmnn wonder where they got that)
At the televised introduction,LL Cool J goes on and on thanking no name hip hop artists,American Idol,current rock acts- all of whom will be forgotten more or less in a few years about their influence on music, no mention of Kraftwerk.
However I saw that Kraftwerk got a lifetime achievement award. At a seperate ceremony along with Ringo Starr,Isley Brothers and others.
Ralf spoke for a minute. That is 55 seconds longer than he has spoken to the public in some 30 years.
Kraftwerk are so under rated for what they have contributed to modern music. No hip hop,no EDM,no electronica,no ambient without them.
If you are lucky enough to see them live in 2014, you should.I am.Granted Ralf is the only original member left but I saw them last time think it was 2007, and it was mind boggling amazing. In fact, I was the local contact on behalf of the promoter as they knew I enjoyed their music. Spoke to Ralf and Florian when I could. They were very civilised and cultured. Ralf actually knew the current acts and wanted to clubbing. Yes,they wanted to know about cycling in Montreal and where they could rent bikes.

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: Grammys/Kraftwerk
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:16 AM »
Nice to see Kraftwerk get their due.

The anonymous Daft Punk outfits reminded me of the Residents and their giant eyeballs.

Forrest

dreamin4ever

• View Profile
Re: Grammys/Kraftwerk
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »
I hope to see Kraftwerk again in LA. Started to watch the Grammy's. . . .but it was painful. So I turned it off and started to listen to some TD and Roach, etc. to calm me down. I wanted to see Metallica so after the show was over I turn to youtube and found the Metallica spot. Man was it weird seeing the piano guy (I know he's famous or something). But it did not go well with Metallica's "One". Come on man. . . .what the hell were you thinking? I don't get todays music. It's not cool to collaborate artist. Imagine Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk collaborating together? FAIL. I can't stand when TD adds vocals to their sounds. FAIL again.