Author Topic: AKG K812 "SUPERIOR REFERENCE HEADPHONES"  (Read 198 times)

Immersion

• View Profile
AKG K812 "SUPERIOR REFERENCE HEADPHONES"
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:35:38 PM »

I am asking myself the question , should I buy the k812 and save up for them ? is it the ultimate studio headphone for music production ?

my DT880 does not deliver the sparkly high end for ambient music that I have in my k240 studio.
I am happy with my DT880 for other styles of music but the high end is very saturated...

I have heard a lot of good things about K812, usually AKG have had their strengths and weaknesses, but
this headphones seem to getting good feedback and seem to be more balanced through the whole spectrum...

The minus side is...they are very very expensive...I wonder how the price curve will develop during the next coming months..or if we can expect this pricing staying like this for a longer period.

The k812 seem to on the outside to have much in common with the K701 and K702 but in fact it has nothing in common complete new design and driver.

Immersion

• View Profile
Re: AKG K812 "SUPERIOR REFERENCE HEADPHONES"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
it turns out that these headphones do not get a very flat measurements...we will see if other sites get similar  results...
sometimes there is sample variance also in the initial cycle of a new headphone product.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK812SN001130.pdf