MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

AKG K812 "SUPERIOR REFERENCE HEADPHONES"

<< < (3/3)

El culto:

--- Quote from: Immersion
[/quote ---
trust me studio reference "sound" can sound both good an accurate.  With headphones the amp plays a big role which gives every one different experiences.  accurate is not = boring and flat sounding.

I use a DT770 (250 Ohm) which in a price range available for many people and they sound extremely close (frequency and spatial balance) to my Neumann monitors even by using the headphone amp of my monitor controller (also tested on the sound card).what im doing wrong?  ;D

Greetings,
Tomas
--- End quote ---

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: El culto on April 24, 2014, 02:31:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Immersion
[/quote ---
trust me studio reference "sound" can sound both good an accurate.  With headphones the amp plays a big role which gives every one different experiences.  accurate is not = boring and flat sounding.

I use a DT770 (250 Ohm) which in a price range available for many people and they sound extremely close (frequency and spatial balance) to my Neumann monitors even by using the headphone amp of my monitor controller (also tested on the sound card).what im doing wrong?  ;D

Greetings,
Tomas

--- End quote ---

My DT880 pro when doing A/B test with monitors sounds very close to to my HG3 monitors which both have flat frequency response , but it is mostly the frequency curve that is similar, so it is easy to fool yourself when doing quick A/B tests.
So they sound very close in that regard. But I have tried enough headphones to know that headphones have it's strengths and weaknesses, that is why I am looking for a more high end headphone.  I do not have the same 3D sound in my DT880 like in Sennheiser HD 800 for instance..  I also miss a more "sparkling "  treble,  I guess the mids and bass is ok.. but DT880 is strange they sound so different with different kind of music, they can sound very full and amazing with some music and not very impressive with other styles of music, I would not recommend them for ambient music. I am using my Antelope Eclipse Headphone amp currently.

I have never heard the DT770  so I can't comment on them to be honest.
But the rumours says they are for people who prefer more "bass pressure".
I am not a bass guy, I tend to focus my ears on the upper range but what I want is a well balanced headphone.
With non excessive bass, big bass does not impress me.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version