Author Topic: Behringer X-Touch control surface  (Read 616 times)

hpsounds

• ice, desert, glaciers, ...
    • View Profile
    • hielo patagonia sounds
Behringer X-Touch control surface
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »
Behringer has displayed their X-Touch control surface at NAMM 2014 with Mackie Control and HUI protocols and X32 mixer serie remote control (especially for the rack one). They will also offer cheaper very too with less feature set.

That seems a refreshing offer for DAW control at (I hope) an affordable price.

:D

NAMM 2014: Behringer Motor, X18 and X-n Touch Series

- Universal DAW Remote Controller for Studio and Live applications
Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols for seamless integration with every compatible music production software;
- 9 fully automated and touch-sensitive 100 mm motorized faders;
- 8 dynamic LCD Scribble Strips for instant overview of track names and parameters;
- Ethernet interface for RTP (Real-Time Protocol) MIDI and future BEHRINGER X32 remote control;
- 8 rotary controls with LED-collars for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters;
- 92 dedicated illuminated buttons for direct access of key functions
8-segment LED meters per channel for precise level control;
- Large jog/shuttle wheel and tape-style transport controls for intuitive operation;
- Built-in 2x2 USB/MIDI interface for direct connection to Mac or PC computers and one external MIDI device;
- 2 dedicated footswitch connectors and one foot controller input for external remote control;
- 2-port powered multi-TT USB hub for connecting additional controllers
"Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~) and low power consumption for energy saving.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH.aspx

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Behringer X-Touch control surface
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »
Yes, I think Behringer have certainly been stepping up their game this past year, with the x32 mixers and now this control surface and the motor keyboards.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: Behringer X-Touch control surface
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »
Yes I agree Behringer have really found a nice niche on the market..  They have not released much good products since the V-amp products 10 years ago which was a worthy alterntive to the Line 6 POD at the time, but the last year with the X32 they have really reborn this company,  really offering unseen functionality for this price..  Behringer will force the market to follow I think motorised fades will not be something we only seen in very expensive products from now on but on cheaper ones too...

I will most likely buy the X-Touch, not sure which one maybe the compact or the standard, of the mini version is cheap I might buy it too...you never have enough of knobs.