Author Topic: Life Garden & Voice Of Eye - The Hungry Void - Volume Two: Air  (Read 722 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Life Garden & Voice Of Eye - The Hungry Void - Volume Two: Air
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:31:53 AM »
I can really recommend this album. I remember the first time I heard it it was on new years eve, the fireworks was outside, yeah such a magic moment... and I drifted away in my dreams..

http://www.discogs.com/Life-Garden-And-Voice-Of-Eye-The-Hungry-Void-Volume-Two-Air/release/325961

nels

• View Profile
Re: Life Garden & Voice Of Eye - The Hungry Void - Volume Two: Air
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:34:15 PM »
There used to be a really excellent label out there called Manifold Records.  They've been inactive for several years now, since 2007 I believe.  Anyway, they released an album called "The Nature of Sand" that included individual tracks by Illusion of Safety, Life Garden, and Voice of Eye.  Manifold also released albums called "Narratives:  Music for Fiction" by Paul Schutze/Voice of Eye/Robert Rich and another called "Guru Means Slayer of Darkness" by Illusion of Safety/Hands To/Bequeen.  These three-artist albums overlap by common artists and make kind of a nice trilogy of dark ambient music.  Many of the Manifold releases are still available via discogs and include the excellent compilations Endless 1 and Endless 2.  I'll have to check out the Life Garden/Voice of Eye collaboration you mention.  Thanks!

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
I've saw both Life Garden and Voice of Eye perform in the late 80s and early 90s.  Very noisy and borderline industrial, but interesting, too.

Yes, Manifold was a great label, and its owner (Vince Harrigan) was a standup guy.  My favorite release of theirs was Aube's "Metal de Metal," which was wrapped in a customized metal casing.  I recently found a copy of Endless 2, which has a copy of one of favorite Robert Rich pieces, "Sunspot Cycle," which consists entirely of processed feedback.

Forrest

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »
Voice of Eye is awesome!  Heartily recommend their Volume 2 archive compilation, don't know if it's still available.  2 CD set, including a live performance. Another great one is a collaboration with Nux Vomica.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:21:58 AM »
There used to be a really excellent label out there called Manifold Records.  They've been inactive for several years now, since 2007 I believe.  Anyway, they released an album called "The Nature of Sand" that included individual tracks by Illusion of Safety, Life Garden, and Voice of Eye.  Manifold also released albums called "Narratives:  Music for Fiction" by Paul Schutze/Voice of Eye/Robert Rich and another called "Guru Means Slayer of Darkness" by Illusion of Safety/Hands To/Bequeen.  These three-artist albums overlap by common artists and make kind of a nice trilogy of dark ambient music.  Many of the Manifold releases are still available via discogs and include the excellent compilations Endless 1 and Endless 2.  I'll have to check out the Life Garden/Voice of Eye collaboration you mention.  Thanks!

This one is a lot more "smooth" though.