Author Topic: EQ Searching  (Read 398 times)

El culto

• View Profile
EQ Searching
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
Hi there,

some time ago i read about a special EQ which had a visual Mini Keyboard included. As it had also a realtime spectrum analyzer it was a very handy feature to see problematic frequencies in notes.

Unfortunately i didmīt made a note about that plugin and now i canīt find it anymore  >:(

Anyone here who can help?

Greetings,
Tomas

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: EQ Searching
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
I am pretty sure you mean the SurferEQ.

You might try.. Hofa IQ EQ also.. for that..

Anyway..I have had a huge EQ obsesssion lately..trying most EQs I can find..
But it is mostly eqs with colour and which can add depth and detail level in general especially in the higher frequencies.. to make it sparkle more and introduce extra "magic" and harmonics.

I am only interested in EQs with a few knobs.. to replace my Tube saturator EQ which is the best I have found so far..

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
I have tried most softube EQs, trident A range, focusing EQ, etc, the native instruments EQ, SSL Channel EQ (Duende),  MAAG EQ4,

I find some of the passive EQs of softube interesting, main problem is they sound too thin...side to side with the wavearts,  SSL Channel has an impressive abaility to create depth and sense of 3 Dimensions, it can transform the sound in good way, but SSL always produce this paper dry sound which is hard to get rid of, I can use it as a soundshaping tool but I need something to make it sound "wet" again after in the chain..
MAAG EQ4 is quite impressive specially for some electronic music,with the AIR filter, it is almost like an exciter, not sure what tricks are used... maybe some kind of compression in that air band...  but the problem for me here is it sounds too digital from the analogue emulated EQs which gives me that magic and sparkle in the top end..

I tend to always want to boost the high frequencies in my ambient music since it introduce interesting details and sound information to my ears.
It can also have an "exciter" effect, as I said I am trying to find something to beat the Wavearts Bax EQ mainly cause it is a total cpu hog which makes it impossible to make music..or at least it does limit me.. My hunt continues.. to find more analogue emulated EQs.

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »

Nope, as i said there was a visual keyboard appearing in the plugin

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

Nope, as i said there was a visual keyboard appearing in the plugin

sorry I did read too quickly.. anyway the "note" part..I guess the SurferEQ is for..

I am not sure which one you mean then..

maybe this one..

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »
not sure if the Picture loads up all the time anyway the the name of the EQ is HEQ made by waves