Author Topic: TC Powercore on OSX 10.7  (Read 567 times)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
TC Powercore on OSX 10.7
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »
Powercore is gone sadly.....as Ive said elsewhere I bought a power core pci express card just to run TC's VSS3 Reverb plugin.  I still have the card and was considering getting a chassis for my laptop to hopefully run it again but TC electronics official dont support the platform beyond OSX 10.6..Snow leopard   So before I drop the cash on a thunderbolt Pci express expansion chassis I am hoping for some confirmation positive or negative that may help me decide to peruse this.  Can it work...because out there in the web I have not read confident reports

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
Re: TC Powercore on OSX 10.7
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
I'm still running 10.6.8 because I still use my powercore a lot and for a few other plug ins as well that were never ported. Having said that I understand that it does work with 10.7, it might even work beyond that. You should check out the official powercore forum to make sure. Believe it or not TC is still developing drivers, mostly to fix old bugs. You can see it here:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/forum/2/powercore-platform/
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
Thanks Loren for the info.....from what I have read the company seems really stand up in support for discontinued products.  I may just roll the dice.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
I just heard that TC is going to port most of the powercore plugins to the UAD2 system. So, it looks like the powercore will have an afterlife.  :D
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:14:13 AM »
Good news!.....be interesting to see how existing powercore plugin users will have to just invest in UAD2 hardware system and get the TC plugins at no additional expense or will we have to start from scratch again. 

When I stopped using the powercore system my Sonnox plugins that I used on the powercore platform were available to me as native and my license was switched to my iLok account at no cost.  Curious to see if this will apply to the UAD2 platform with TC plugins.

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
I did see that there will be some sort of crossgrade offered by UAD but terms seem to be unknown at present. We will have to wait and see!