Author Topic: Schmidt Synthesizer  (Read 600 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Schmidt Synthesizer
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »
What incredible beauty, and what a sound..on the sound demos on youtube you can really hear how fat it sounds..

Everything is good though besides the price which is insane!
Too bad it did not have a more reasonable price tag it would had been an amazing success..
It is pretty much the analogue dream synth, digitally controlled. Both Moog and Oberheim fitlers.

http://d3lutcxw5daydx.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/field/image/Boards%20(21%20of%2024)_0.jpg[

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Schmidt%20Synthesizer&sm=3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM by Immersion »

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: Schmidt Synthesizer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
It is really amazing , but like you said, so is the price tag.
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
WNAMM13:Here Comes The Schmidt Polysynth - Video

Wow.....the first video I watched did not do that much for me, but once I understood the story in this video it really is an achievement. He continued where the Oberheim Matrix 12 stopped.  @ $30k its beyond most but I recall the New England Digital Synclaviar was about $50,000 in 1984 depending on the model.

The obie /moog sounds are very good but from a few reclusive patches I heard this really excels at the experimental.  I suppose you could say that is the same as the Matrix 12, great at bread & butter analog but really spreads its wings with serious modulation which is what its all about.

Thanks Immersion

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
@ $30k its beyond most but I recall the New England Digital Synclaviar was about $50,000 in 1984 depending on the model.

That was the cost of an entry system, a full blown Synclaiver could cost you up to $500,000, I think Frank Zappa had the largest system made. BTW I might be getting my hands on one soon.

I saw the Schmidt at the NAMM show a couple years ago, its nice but the cost is high because they are hand built one at a time. I think the price went down a bit to around $20k or so. Maybe we can group order a few and get a few $k more knocked off the price.  ;D
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
Im in......maybe we can use the Schmidt on a monthly rotation basis  ;D

So I dropped a zero in my calculations, $500k  :o......hope the Synclaviar comes through for you Loren.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »
WNAMM13:Here Comes The Schmidt Polysynth - Video

Wow.....the first video I watched did not do that much for me, but once I understood the story in this video it really is an achievement. He continued where the Oberheim Matrix 12 stopped.  @ $30k its beyond most but I recall the New England Digital Synclaviar was about $50,000 in 1984 depending on the model.

The obie /moog sounds are very good but from a few reclusive patches I heard this really excels at the experimental.  I suppose you could say that is the same as the Matrix 12, great at bread & butter analog but really spreads its wings with serious modulation which is what its all about.

Thanks Immersion

From what I  understand the synth is not released on the market yet, the Schmidt  synthesier will be released this summer, only 3 Schmidt's exist today, so I expect with time the price will drop once they get the production running... if the price is right it will take over the world for sure...

this synth have 175 knobs!