Author Topic: frog sounds  (Read 7329 times)

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
frog sounds
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »
It has rained quite a bit here the last few days, which seems to have really brought out the frogs.  I like the sounds of the frogs at night(at least I think they are frogs) so last night I went to the pond across the street & did some recording. 

Here's the mp3 for any interested listeners...

froggies

I used a portable, stereo mp3 recorder.  Not the best recording in the world but it's in stereo & the frogs were in great form.

enjoy

1000snakes

• View Profile
Re: frog sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
What a cool symphony. Thanks for sharing Dave!
Peace, Kirk

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
Excellent, thanks for doing this! I am going to keep it looping!

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:09:21 PM »
i have some frogs on some sample cd's. they are very cool when stretched and reverbed and generally fucked with
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »
Yes, those frog sounds are very cool.  Kind of sounds like an ancient Buchla modular.

Forrest

9dragons

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 05:37:38 PM »
The frogs are on and I suddenly feel a greater capacity to get work done...it also precludes the urge to listen to talk radio - a welcome respite for me. Your posting of another loop of this would be most welcome!

soma611

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »
I like the sounds of the frogs at night(at least I think they are frogs) so last night I went to the pond across the street & did some recording. 

Dave,

Nice pond recording.

FYI, you're hearing gray tree frogs in the foreground and American toads are the high pitched critters droning away nicely in the background of your recording.

I spend way too much of my little free time out "listening," and have done quite some nature recording myself.  Several have been posted on the thread associated with the link below -- feel free to check some out.  The one linked is rich with bullfrogs, which sound pretty good on a decent audio system. 

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/showpost.php?p=50949&postcount=46

I think APK wrote years back that this kind of stuff is the original ambient music.

Thanks for sharing your recording,

Bill

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
I recorded some frogs when I was in Java back in 1992, that recording is included on my CD Indonesian Soundscapes. I'll see if I can find an excerpt to post later.

As everyone else said its a very nice recording, and yes it probably is the original ambient music. To me it sounds similar to the frogs on an old Folkways record that was released years ago.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for 'bullfrog pond'.  Great quality recording!  The sense of space is brilliant! 

It has definitely inspired me to go out again this weekend & do some recording.  Now I need a better mic.

Dave

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
Every time we get a good rain here in San Antonio, I go out and listen to the frogs and think , I need to record this. I never do. You guys have inspired me with your recordings. Next time it rains here, if it ever does again, I am going to record me some dadgum frogs.  ;D     Thanks,   Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.