OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Computers, Internet and Technology

Laptop Cooling Pads

<< < (2/3) > >>

Julio Di Benedetto:
Thanks for the link Tomas.....I see what you mean now.  Do you put anything between the heatsink and the computer to prevent metal on metal scratching.  I release direct contact is vital for heat transference.

Thanks for the confirmation and suggestions Scott.

I will report back and with results.

Julio Di Benedetto:
Cooling pad update......well for one thing the fan on this Zalman cooling pad is so quiet I had to hold the unit up to the light to check if it was on or off.  It is a single 6" fan that does move a lot of air.

Improvement.....not enough for my use.  I do believe it will extend the life of the the macbook and I have not had any hair dryer episodes so this is better but not what I am looking for more.

I did find an extruded aluminum heat sink company here in the usa...http://www.heatsinkusa.com/10-000/ A 10" x 15" x 1" piece will run around $53.

I am coming to release the laptop is not the best studio computer....perhaps if you perform and you want one computer it will surface but as a quite solution...not the best for audio.

El culto:

--- Quote from: Julio Di Benedetto on April 06, 2014, 07:44:14 AM ---Do you put anything between the heatsink and the computer to prevent metal on metal scratching.  I release direct contact is vital for heat transference.

--- End quote ---

No i don´t have something between haven´t problems with scratches too as the body of those heatsink´s usually are flat. I did bought a 2nd one (another company) for my Mac Mini and it was also totally flat.

Greetings,
Tomas

El culto:

--- Quote from: Julio Di Benedetto on April 11, 2014, 09:26:05 PM ---
I did find an extruded aluminum heat sink company here in the usa...http://www.heatsinkusa.com/10-000/ A 10" x 15" x 1" piece will run around $53.

--- End quote ---

That´s very expensive….also 1" isn´t really enough to get the heat away

I bought mine used on Ebay here in Germany - there were a lot of offers! Maybe ebay USA is the place to check….

Greetings,
Tomas

Julio Di Benedetto:
I did have a look around ebay usa and found heatsinks that were even more expensive up to $150 for large ones......perhaps aluminum is more expensive this side of the atlantic ???.

The company I linked to has a 2 inch heigh extrusion but the price jumps to $98 for the size that would fit the bottom of the Macbook.

The way I see it.....New iMac 27" with good specs (SSD & Ram) $2500 +- or a $100 heatsink for a perfectly good 17" i7 Macbook Pro.

I will search around some more before I commit......thanks for all your help Tomas!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version