Author Topic: OnLine Noise Generator  (Read 568 times)

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
OnLine Noise Generator
« on: September 12, 2015, 02:10:58 PM »
I discovered this wonderful site recently  -  https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

The site has several different categories of "noises" to choose from such as Tonal Drones(Indian, Northern Lights, Singing Bowls, Tibetan Choir, etc.), Natural Noises(Rain, Wind, Distant Thunder,Waves, etc.), Industrial Noises(Railroad, Laundromat, Traffic, Fireworks, Aircraft Cabin, etc.), Atmospheres(Subaquatic Dreams, Church, Sailboat, Spring Walk, Fairy Pond, Tibetan Spirit, etc.).  And many, many more.

The best part is the player has faders which allow you to control the mix or you can animate the faders and have the mix change over time.  I've tried having more than one tab open with different sounds playing simultaneously, such as Tibetan Choir playing with Singing Bowls.  Pretty cool.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: OnLine Noise Generator
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:07:54 AM »
Very interesting, Dave

I find this topic to be fascinating - 'noise' and its benign and its not so benign effects on people.
On persons exciting sound / noise is another persons misery. Will download his App soonest.

Generative ambience !
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/infiniteChoirDroneGenerator.php

Noise masking is an interesting area, indeed. Also, i just looked at his microphones section on the site:
http://mynoise.net/microphones.php
I'm planning on building some better quality binaural mics myself, with what looks like maybe the same capsules.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:11:54 AM by petekelly »

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
Just bought all the 'In App Purchases' for this one after revisiting it on the 'rain' setting and hearing how effective the automation was, just on that preset alone.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »
Have to say the website seems impenetrable to me....everywhere I go Im just cut off or nothing happens and I am always ask to contribute. What does streams to my ears is rather mediocre. Seems rather sketchy to me. They need to be able to seduce a lot more.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:06:49 AM »
Fair points Julio,

I'd suggest trying the app out rather than the website version.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 04:07:25 AM »
I will try the app...thanks for the suggestion Pete.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »
Pete, the infinite choir link you posted pleased me so I've grabbed the app. I'll spend some time with it later and probably buy the IAPs. I think Lynn might like this for sleeping purposes.