MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Listening: Podcasts, Mixes, and Music Sample Clips

Low Light Mixes

<< < (2/13) > >>

--- Quote from: Infraction on July 06, 2008, 08:32:50 AM ---
[...] Oh, I listened and tried to identify each track in this mix...I think I got a lowly 3 out of 12. 

--- End quote ---

I managed to spot three in a row early on... These:

--- Quote from: Dave Michuda on June 29, 2008, 08:17:47 AM ---    * 01:00 Aphex Twin - rhubarb [1994]
    * 08:00 Steve Roach - Structures from Silence [1984]
    * 17:20 Biosphere - Chukhung [1997]
--- End quote ---

then a big fat zilch after that. Enjoyed the trainspotting along the way. Props to Mixmeister Michuda.

I'm listening to your 'suspended in air' mix at the moment and it's really helping me out... turn off the world and get something done for a change!

Will d/l these tonight. Thanks - the effort is very well appreciated and a great way to introduce new sounds.

Dave Michuda:

Fresh from a vacation in Wisconsin's northwoods, comes the latest Low Light mix, clouds in my coffee.

I made this one for sitting around the cabin & drinking plenty of coffee on cool, misty mornings.  Because it's a morning mix it is a bit lighter, more airy than the stargazing mix that will be posted here soon.

clouds in my coffee

T R A C K L I S T :
    * 00:00 Barsarin Quartet - nachtblind
    * 03:50 Jacaszek - rytm to niesmiertelnosc
    * 08:30 Jonathan Hughes - monoline
    * 11:41 Shirk - stupid dick
    * 12:50 Segue - a glass darkly
    * 16:20 Max Ritcher - found song for P
    * 18:20 Yellow 6 - kulterhuset
    * 26:25 Goldmund - clement danes
    * 30:20 Milieu - mirage
    * 32:05 bvdub - different place different time
    * 38:40 Planivaar - adrift
    * 43:30 Barsarin Quartet - geschichten von interesse
    * 48:05 Marconi Union - buildings without people
    * 51:31 Koda - the tension was beautiful
    * 55:18 Library Tapes - fragment V

Dave Michuda:
This is a mix from our annual trip to the Wisconsin northwoods. As the title suggests it's a mix for star gazing.

As I have mentioned in other Hypnos posts, we sit out at the end of the pier and watch for shooting stars and satellites with these mixes as the soundtrack.

I limited myself to fairly new music, stuff I have been listening to a lot lately. I knew I wanted to include new music from Area C - Sea of Rains. It was commissioned by the NASA RI Space Grant Consortium and the Museum of Natural History in Providence, RI as an original score for their "Mission Moon: past, present, future" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. It has some Nasa recordings mixed in with the music so it was a natural for this mix.

After that, the other tracks are just tunes that flow well together.

Download :
sea of stars

t r a c k l i s t :

* 00:00 bvdub - You'll miss me when I'm gone
    * 06:19 Area C - Mare Imbrium
    * 11:30 Kyle Bobby Dunn - Furthest From It
    * 18:10 Emmanuel Errante - Radio Hopes
    * 23:40 Parks - Trains
    * 29:50 Kode - Movements #6
    * 35:30 Shirk - Itchytime
    * 38:55 Deaf Center - Close
    * 40:55 The Caretaker - Lacuna Amnesia
    * 44:05 Area C - Sea of Clouds
    * 51:15 Kabana - dubru
    * 56:15 Shirk - Riesal
    * 00:09 Le Chat Blanc Orchestra - She Left This Morning

Some great choices, Dave. I've been enjoying some of the albums these come from, incl. intriguing works by Kyle Bobby Dunn, The Caretaker, and Area C. That Kabana looks familiar ;)

BTW, the graphic for one of your previous Low Light Mixes (earlier in the thread) reminded me of an image from Keith Berry's The Ear that was Sold to a Fish: definitely a release amenable to excerpting something from for a future mix.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version