MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Listening: Podcasts, Mixes, and Music Sample Clips

Low Light Mixes

<< < (2/13) > >>

Undershadow:

--- Quote from: Infraction on July 06, 2008, 08:32:50 AM ---
[...] Oh, I listened and tried to identify each track in this mix...I think I got a lowly 3 out of 12. 

--- End quote ---

I managed to spot three in a row early on... These:

--- Quote from: Dave Michuda on June 29, 2008, 08:17:47 AM ---    * 01:00 Aphex Twin - rhubarb [1994]
    * 08:00 Steve Roach - Structures from Silence [1984]
    * 17:20 Biosphere - Chukhung [1997]

--- End quote ---

then a big fat zilch after that. Enjoyed the trainspotting along the way. Props to Mixmeister Michuda.

southfacing:
I'm listening to your 'suspended in air' mix at the moment and it's really helping me out... turn off the world and get something done for a change!

Will d/l these tonight. Thanks - the effort is very well appreciated and a great way to introduce new sounds.

Dave Michuda:

Fresh from a vacation in Wisconsin's northwoods, comes the latest Low Light mix, clouds in my coffee.

I made this one for sitting around the cabin & drinking plenty of coffee on cool, misty mornings.  Because it's a morning mix it is a bit lighter, more airy than the stargazing mix that will be posted here soon.

DOWNLOAD :
clouds in my coffee

T R A C K L I S T :
    * 00:00 Barsarin Quartet - nachtblind
    * 03:50 Jacaszek - rytm to niesmiertelnosc
    * 08:30 Jonathan Hughes - monoline
    * 11:41 Shirk - stupid dick
    * 12:50 Segue - a glass darkly
    * 16:20 Max Ritcher - found song for P
    * 18:20 Yellow 6 - kulterhuset
    * 26:25 Goldmund - clement danes
    * 30:20 Milieu - mirage
    * 32:05 bvdub - different place different time
    * 38:40 Planivaar - adrift
    * 43:30 Barsarin Quartet - geschichten von interesse
    * 48:05 Marconi Union - buildings without people
    * 51:31 Koda - the tension was beautiful
    * 55:18 Library Tapes - fragment V

Dave Michuda:
This is a mix from our annual trip to the Wisconsin northwoods. As the title suggests it's a mix for star gazing.

As I have mentioned in other Hypnos posts, we sit out at the end of the pier and watch for shooting stars and satellites with these mixes as the soundtrack.

I limited myself to fairly new music, stuff I have been listening to a lot lately. I knew I wanted to include new music from Area C - Sea of Rains. It was commissioned by the NASA RI Space Grant Consortium and the Museum of Natural History in Providence, RI as an original score for their "Mission Moon: past, present, future" exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. It has some Nasa recordings mixed in with the music so it was a natural for this mix.

After that, the other tracks are just tunes that flow well together.

Download :
sea of stars

t r a c k l i s t :

* 00:00 bvdub - You'll miss me when I'm gone
    * 06:19 Area C - Mare Imbrium
    * 11:30 Kyle Bobby Dunn - Furthest From It
    * 18:10 Emmanuel Errante - Radio Hopes
    * 23:40 Parks - Trains
    * 29:50 Kode - Movements #6
    * 35:30 Shirk - Itchytime
    * 38:55 Deaf Center - Close
    * 40:55 The Caretaker - Lacuna Amnesia
    * 44:05 Area C - Sea of Clouds
    * 51:15 Kabana - dubru
    * 56:15 Shirk - Riesal
    * 00:09 Le Chat Blanc Orchestra - She Left This Morning

Undershadow:

Some great choices, Dave. I've been enjoying some of the albums these come from, incl. intriguing works by Kyle Bobby Dunn, The Caretaker, and Area C. That Kabana looks familiar ;)

BTW, the graphic for one of your previous Low Light Mixes (earlier in the thread) reminded me of an image from Keith Berry's The Ear that was Sold to a Fish: definitely a release amenable to excerpting something from for a future mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version