MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Some Eventide H8000FW samples by me if some one is interested

(1/6) > >>

Ekstasis:
I have finally after a few months starting to use the Eventide, I am still trying to learn how to use it, since it is a quite complex machine I must say, I really have to study the manual.

but anyway I did play around with some presets for about 10 minutes, it was just a quick demonstration for a friend on skype (if I  knew I would post it here I would probably make it more ambient oriented)..but why not share it with you too.. with some slight modification such as increased decay times change LP/HP filter.
My guitar has really old strings and is not intonated , and also the string height is too high so it is really hard to play it..
but that is not what it is about, just want to share how it sounds. Before I bought it I had big problems to find samples..

I can record more later,  I can play some music through it it too thru digital AES input.

I use Kemper amp and dual stero analogue into eventide then into rme hdspe aes (Eclipse AFC clock) at the computer then reaper..no processing added.

http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/aj0zvszduj/eventide.mp3

Altus:
Some great sounding presets, to be sure. They definitely inspire ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Cosmic Fabric:
Impressive it makes us think you are actually good :)

I've read a story about some guy that plugged an old nintendo to the eventide h8000 and the most amazing ambient came from the 'blip-blip'sounds.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: Crossing_The_Threshold on April 26, 2014, 10:52:06 AM ---Impressive it makes us think you are actually good :)

I've read a story about some guy that plugged an old nintendo to the eventide h8000 and the most amazing ambient came from the 'blip-blip'sounds.

--- End quote ---

it is spelled "r-e-v-e-r-b" , magic can happen when you have long decayed reverbs, and this time it is a lot of pitch shifting which makes it sound like "pads" with the reverb.  The delays helps gives spatial effects accross the 3D space.

I am not surprised that nintento sounds can make it sound like good ambient with a good reverb, that is my experience previously with my Lexicon reverb, that you can make pretty much EVERY sound into a good ambient piece...  it is not so much about the source but the actual result which becomes the new form.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: Altus on April 26, 2014, 05:17:42 AM ---Some great sounding presets, to be sure. They definitely inspire ideas. Thanks for sharing.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, for listening and your comment/feedback!

Yes you are right about the inspirational factor... the eventide is really good in that sense in giving inspiration but also good tools to realize your ideas and a kind of flawless and effortless manner in real time.  I like that I can make music in real time, just like if it was a live session,  cause I want to keep this "flow" which is harder to reach or to get it to feel "authentic" when you cut and paste at least for me personally. Robert Rich and Steve Roach, other ambient musicians did inspire me to buy this unit, it seem most of my favourite ambient artists work this work flow with recording in real time as much as possible. I have been using Lexicon reverbs for a long time now, but I guess I will start using the eventide Reverbs more now..however I would say that either is better I think they complete each other in fact they both have unique properties.

You have Skype Altus ?
If any one likes to talk gear, musical recording ambient or anything feel free to add me on skype..
I do not have much people on my skype to talk with about these stuff..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version