MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

What synths did O÷phoi used?

(1/12) > >>

Cosmic Fabric:
I really enjoy listening to his works, unfortunately I can't find any info about what gear did he used.

I see a Fizmo, Korg Z1, Waldorf Q and a Korg MS 2000 in his most famous photo and a bunch of dat machines?

I know some artists here collaborated with him, so maybe you know more than I do :)

Rest in Peace.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le):
I can not remember for the life of me what Gigi had in his studio when I was there. I do know that he used a fair bit of sampling and sound worlds recorded to various DATs and CD recorders which he then manipulated and recombined into his finished products almost always through real time performance. I will try and find my photos from that era and see if anything jars my memory.

Paul

Cosmic Fabric:
That would be cool. Thanks.

Ekstasis:
I am pretty sure he did use Oberheim too..
Maybe go thru his old posts on the forum, he was quite active on this forum, I am sure he did mention the synths he did use.

Seren:
Gigi used a lot of different synths over time, he always seemed to be exploring new synths and selling others.

I have his novation supernova rack module - he reset it to factory presets before sending it to me....a pity given events....I too will check any photos or lists he sent me.
Gigi said the novation had been used to record 'Dreams' and 'The Dreaming of Shells' amongst others.

He valued highly the TCM3000 reverb/effects unit.

He also used a particular Sony minidisc with 'huge' range of pitch control......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version