MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Anyone here with suggestions?

(1/3) > >>

El culto:

As you can see, I have an insert-fx after the mixer but I need to split the signal after, so I can hear the effect (if itīs not bypassed) on my monitors and also record it at the same time (soundcard). Definitely prefer to have the in/outputs as XLR for the "?" gear. Any suggestions concerning the "?" gear?

Greetings,
Tomas

Ekstasis:
what other I/Os do you have from soundcard/monitor controller ?
What sound card do you use ?

El culto:

--- Quote from: Ekstasis on May 15, 2014, 11:51:10 AM ---what other I/Os do you have from soundcard/monitor controller ?
What sound card do you use ?

--- End quote ---

As you can see in this setup (itīs my smaller 2nd studio) there is no monitor controller…also, all the other I/Oīs of the sound card canībe used for other purposes (so i have only 2x Input left).

Greetings,
Tomas

LNerell:
I think we need to know what you are using. Normally I would send sounds to the FX via an aux send, then have the FX come back in again on an aux return or on other channels to the mixer. I would then send the sound out to your speakers. Most decent mixers would give you a second option, like a tape send to send to a recorder. 

El culto:

--- Quote from: LNerell on May 15, 2014, 12:19:08 PM ---I think we need to know what you are using. Normally I would send sounds to the FX via an aux send, then have the FX come back in again on an aux return or on other channels to the mixer. I would then send the sound out to your speakers. Most decent mixers would give you a second option, like a tape send to send to a recorder.

--- End quote ---

The "Insert" is a "Edison EX1" as final effect in the chain, so i canīt use it as a send…It need to be chained between the main out of the mixer and the "?" as it should process all signals coming from the mixer out (if not bypassed). From there i have to hear it but also need the option to record it at the same time (!!!)

Greetings,
Tomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version