Author Topic: Robert Rich Tour Blog  (Read 15352 times)

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
Re: Robert Rich Tour Blog
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:24 AM »
Loved, loved, LOVED the show! It was an amazing experience getting to watch a real pro at work, and Robert & his wife are SUCH nice people, I'm so thrilled I got to meet them! I was also really happy to see Phil there, and to meet Howard Givens! I took a few pics, (I'm no photographer, plus my camera isn't the latest & greatest in modern technology), but here they are, anyway!

And this one is my personal fave:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:26:34 PM by lena »
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Hey, in that last one he looks like he's just fallen asleep in front of his laptop ;)
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2010, 11:42:52 AM »
Ha ha!  Nope, just heavily focused on that lap steel!  ;D
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:33 PM »
There is nothing I hate more than watching some musician sit in front of his lap-steel looking like he is checking his e-mail, its just plain...oh, wait a minute...

...never mind!  ;D
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
 ;D

Robert informed me that he's often playing Tetris when we think he's checking his mail....which goes to show you, there's a lot more going on here than meets the eye, folks.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
;D

Robert informed me that he's often playing Tetris when we think he's checking his mail....which goes to show you, there's a lot more going on here than meets the eye, folks.

And I thought Robert was just getting an update on World Cup scores...

Nice to hear the show went well.

Forrest

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
I am looking forward extremely to Mr. Rich's performance here in Seattle...any other forumites showing up here?

doombient

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »
;D

This would explain where many of the sounds Ive always marvelled at come from...

Stephen
"Honour thy error as a hidden intention." (Brian Eno)

TestZero

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
Having attended ambient/EM concerts in and around the L.A. area since the 90's and having a wife who plays ambient/EM music (Lucette Bourdin) it seems to me that the expectations of a concert depends somewhat on temperament. Our culture values action, the more visible the better, and is basically extroverted in its expectations and most things internal are deemed 'unreal' or not 'real work'. Yet we are changed, as a culture, a great deal by those inward seeking individuals, the introverts, like Jung, Einstein, Ingmar Bergman, etc. For myself the contrast and compare I have read in this thread seems pretty much the same (outside of musicianship). A great deal of EM is not intended for extroverted viewing but for inward quiet and so, for me, regardless of the laptop or synths or patches or amount of reverb my criterion is how deep or how 'out' (in space) did the artist take me. Sometimes the CD version does it better and sometimes the artist is inspired and the live concert exceeds all expectations in depth and height. Being an introvert I just don't go for a 'show' and that suits me; an extrovert may have different expectations. There is no one size fits all.

Cheers,
TZ
Nothing in the world is lost,
Nothing falls into the void,
Not even the words and deeds of man;
Everything has its place and destination.
Zohar

GregRausch

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
a fellow sitting next to his laptop smoking ecigs as his Reason sequence played unaided.

Mark, I could have sworn he pressed the space bar at least once! And maybe that was a Marlboro Midi Controller? Beta version of course.

I am not sure it was the beta version.. Even I have tried but not worked at all..Still not able to find out..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:07:53 AM by GregRausch »