Author Topic: Ableton Live ?  (Read 421 times)

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: Ableton Live ?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 01:28:05 AM »
Thanks for your feedback Julio !

I will spend some more time with it, I think having different applications that do things in different ways is a good thing. I find myself going into 'repeat mode' regarding processes that yield useful results, but I'm always keen to try new things to add variety / stop me going into 'auto-pilot'.

I get the impression that having some kind of controller to launch clips is pretty integral to Live (?) . I've just bought a Korg PadKontrol and that works with FL Studio's performance mode in a similiar way (I think).  Interesting to see all those Youtube vids of people playing with controllers / Live almost as an 'instrument', in it's own way.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 04:45:08 AM »
  Interesting to see all those Youtube vids of people playing with controllers / Live almost as an 'instrument', in it's own way.

I agree, to full appreciate Live a controller of some sort is need and Live does become an instrument.  Its very different to most daw's.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 01:39:13 PM »
Great video, I love the bit at 3:00 (ish) - "one of the most beautiful chords in the universe" ! Good points about moving away from the (piano) keyboard, a friend who has 'Push' says the same.

I've been playing around with Live Intro and a Novation Launchkey 25 and I'm starting to see lots of possibilities. It's a completely different way of doing things that i'm used to and that's the appeal of it (in someways). I think I may have to get a Launchpad (mini) to start to delve into 'clipology' some more. The Novation 'in control' is very interesting too.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 07:25:19 PM »
I love that too about " one of the most beautiful chords in the universe" and it is a very pretty chord.  Im looking at Push in the very near future for myself.

I cant believe its be more than two weeks and I haven't open up Live of logic nor tuned on a synth....be working on some photo projects.  After a break from delving deep into Live Im almost hesitant to jump back in.....very strange!