Author Topic: SUSO SAIZ - THE BOX OF THE INSOMNIAC SONGS  (Read 5903 times)

solyaris

SUSO SAIZ - THE BOX OF THE INSOMNIAC SONGS
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »
Suso Saiz has just edited his "The Box of the Insomniac Songs", a limited edition of 8 cds with recordings he has made between 1992 - 2006. It's an edition of 500 boxes, all signed and numbered by Suso. The cds are located in a poster that is painted individually, so there's no one like the other..

!!!!

http://www.rotordiscos.com/DR34155-suso-saiz-the-box-of-the-insomniac-songs.html

You can contact his manager Meky Nuņez ( mekynunez@telefonica.net )

giorgio

uhurit

• View Profile
Re: SUSO SAIZ - THE BOX OF THE INSOMNIAC SONGS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »
I love Suso Saiz, but 130 euro's price tag really sucks, especially with the $ exchange rate being in the dumpster.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
Hi all,

I've turned Mike onto Suso's 1992 ambient guitar masterpiece "Hypnotics" and I was hoping it could be re-issued as a Hypnos CD.  I notice it is included in this box set (in fact, three versions of it).  I agree the price of 138 Euros is pretty ridiculous (approx. $200!).  Anyways, I urge anyone interested in seeing a Saiz reissue on Hypnos to show their support here.  Three votes so far. Keep 'em coming! :-)

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »
"Three votes so far. Keep 'em coming!"  :-)                                    Make that Four.   Harry         
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »
8 cd's for $200 is not bad when considering that they are rare discs.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

uhurit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
8 cd's for $200 is not bad when considering that they are rare discs.

My love for him has a $12.99 per CD limit ;D

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »
That's roughly $25 per disc.  Most box sets compensate and break down to about $10-$15 per disc so people can afford it.  I am a huge Saiz fan and I would LOVE to have one of these but I can't see myself paying that much for any music release, no matter who it is.  But I am ITCHING to get this box, so I might do something crazy, you never know...

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »
Add my vote for the Hypnotics reissue!

solyaris

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:48 AM »
Because many people wrote to me asking details about the box,
please note I'm only a friend and estimator of Suso; indeed It could be better to contact his wife and manager Meky Nuņez ( mekynunez@telefonica.net ).

A general note About the price of artifacts produced/sell in Europe (in Euro currency):
please note that a price must be evaluated considering Euro - Dollar exchange rate!
Now with Euro currency very strong prices in Euro seem high from USA people;
for example I sell my CDrs 10 Euro shipping included, price that is extremely low in Euro,
but  doesn't appear so low from a USA buyer ...

giorgio

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:20:39 AM by solyaris »

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
Hypnotics is an excellent release.  I'd like to also see his later releases with Orquesta De Las Nubes (e.g., Operator's Manual, 1981-93) come back into print.

Forrest

solyaris

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 01:16:31 AM »
I'm just listening "The Box of the Insomniac Songs" CDs Suso gifted me.

That's a collection of 8 CDs:

Hypnotics 1 - 1992
    Hypnotics 2 "the house" - 1994
    Odisea - 2001
    Solo (alone) - 2003
    Someone in full moon - 2004
    In progress 2005 "no time" - 2005
    Autumn in progress - 2006
    Hypnotics 3 "I'm the others" - 2006

All packaged in a splendid millboard containing a paper support that's a painting "homemade".
If I well understood every package is unique (500 items).

About music: That's a huge amount of feelings here; as Suso' lovers know, it's an eclectic artist, and his music always experiment new paths achiving what Suso himself call "his infinite skyes" in a note.

As far as I understood music have been realized by himself in his home studios using guitar treatments mainly but also using drums machines with recent times music sonorousness, sweeping from reverse-loops magmas to nu-jazz clean strings melodies... from glitchy noises to soft drum'n'bass atmospheres even. So very various moods, where the oniric subterrain moods are prevalent, but with splendid moments of mellow beauty of skies!

In notes the contact mail is:
susosaiz_insomniac@telefonica.net
but I also suggest to contact Meky Nuņez for info/purchase:
mekynunez@telefonica.net

giorgio
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:06:56 AM by solyaris »

Campus Stellae

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
I have just bought a copy of this 8-disc box directly from the label and I am very disappointed: aesthetically speaking, the cardboard box is ugly, very poorly designed and cheap, but the worst thing is that all the discs are defective! All of them have horrible signs, scratches everywhere, some small pieces of paper are glued to the surface. Three discs are impossible to play, two other discs skip continously. And musically speaking the box is very bad, only the mighty Hypnotics (of which I have an original copy bought in early 90's) is worth the high price, but the other discs are full of stupid rhythms, brief experiments, nonsense music. All this for 160,00 euro!
I have sent to the label and to Suso's manager a letter to ask for a replacement copy (or my money back), I'll keep you posted.

Campus Stellae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 02:02:42 AM »
After one month, I have received a replacement copy of this box, and I must say that Meky Nunez's (Suso Saiz's wife) behaviour has been totally correct, better than that of the seller. All's well that ends well :)

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »
A similar thing happened to me a couple years ago.  I paid a ridiculous amount of money for a set of 3" CDR's (that were soon after re-issued by the seller's label and later a Russian label) and within a couple months the cheap discs broke down (oxidized?) and were unplayable.  But I couldn't get a replacement set without sending everything back to Europe at my cost and the seller was not very sympathetic to my plight, so I threw them in the garbage where they belonged...I never dealt with this seller again.  Sometimes things DON'T end well. :-)