Author Topic: Eventide UltraChannel for FREE  (Read 768 times)

El culto

• View Profile
Eventide UltraChannel for FREE
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:16:39 AM »

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: Eventide UltraChannel for FREE
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »
Looks good, but I don't want to have to do that iLok thing for it, though.
I've managed to avoid that thing so far.

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »
Pete, did you had problems with iLock in the past?

Of course its a bit unhandy but im used to it (from Cubase) and also own an iLock anyway for other producst (i.e. Waves).

Greetings,
Tomas

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:55:46 AM »
Just an FYI, it uses Ilok/Pace as a protection scheme, but you do not need to own a physical Ilok. Its something new the company have been doing. You can authorize an Ilok and use your plug-in on any computer or simply authorize it through the Pace/Ilok system to a single computer of your choice.
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »
Anyone tried this yet ?  Opinions?
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
Tomas,
Thanks for the heads up on this.

I haven't tried it yet, but will likely give it a shot this weekend.
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
Just downloaded it.....will report back.   Worth watching the video demos to get an idea what this can do.

Also iLok is really so much better than it used to be.  The ilok license manager software is really straight forward. I have both versions of ilok and actually look to plugins that support it.

Thanks Tomas for posting.

N

Eventide UltraChannel Presets Demo

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »
Interesting plugin.....eq is very good for sculpting,  micro pitch shift thickens up synths pad nicely and delay delays, compressors compress.  No presets, not sure if they just did not install but theres no sign of them on my laptop.  I dont usually care about presents but for this it would be useful to see what it can do beyond my mixing needs.

Oh and loaded in Live & logic it pulled 3% cpu with all components engaged and running once channel of audio on my MBP i7 2.4ghz quad core with 8g ram.

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 04:32:04 AM »
To confirm, there are a slew of presets, so they must've not installed for you. Unfortunately it doesn't give you an option where to install them, which is annoying.
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »
Ta for the iLok info fellers, but I'II give it a miss. I don't see why I would need an account with them for a free plugin and I don't know how activating an offline installation might work.

I try to keep my computers 'clean' and dislike invasive programs that install stuff all over the place, I recently downloaded a trial of a video editing programming by Magix recently and I couldn't believe all the crap it left behind - after being uninstalled correctly !

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »
Ta for the iLok info fellers, but I'II give it a miss. I don't see why I would need an account with them for a free plugin and I don't know how activating an offline installation might work.

I try to keep my computers 'clean' and dislike invasive programs that install stuff all over the place, I recently downloaded a trial of a video editing programming by Magix recently and I couldn't believe all the crap it left behind - after being uninstalled correctly !

I do not like Ilok either..as you say it feels the system with crap all over the place..

http://www.revouninstaller.com/ this program is good to uninstall left overs and registry keys etc.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
I've had a lot of issues with iLok and PACE in general over the years. I have an old iLok so I might try it since it is free, but I tend to not get something when I hear the word iLok included with it.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »
Im surprised you guys had so many problems with iLocknever had any messing up with this system ever. Im using it with Waves and EW Play and cant report any problems at all.

So Im just curious, anyone can tell exactly about the problems you had?

Tried it and I do like the sound and the very flexible options to use it a lot. IMO definitely worth to grap it as long as its free.

Greetings,
Tomas

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 12:17:26 PM »
I have to manage something like 20 of them for work only because we have Protools, otherwise we would not have them. Waves does not require them anymore so no issue there. I've had at least two dongles fail, good old flashing LED mode means good bye dongle from my experience. Ever try dealing with PACE when one goes bad? Not a good experience. They sent me a replacement, it didn't work as it was registered to someone else, so I could not activate it or install my software. As a temporary solution I ended up using my own personal dongle until we could straighten this out, it took months. Oh yeah, after that they wanted to charge me $50 to transfer my license that I put on my own personal dongle to the new one, nice. I've other bad experiences with PACE dating back to the 90s when they did the keydisc limited number of installs on a floppy drive, with installs mysteriously go missing.

Oh, and the worst installation experience is a combo of anything Avid and iLOK and having to do it about 20 times. That alone makes me want to never use either of these things ever again.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
all this ilok hassle makes them loose customers for sure.. I understand they want to protect their intellectual property but when people buy a product they do not want have the hassle when the pirate version are more hassle free.
Eventide has been spared from Piracy but I mean in general..  I remeber when cubase got cracked some years ago, I do not remember how many % of the code that was just pure ilok code...but I remember it was a quite big amount of the total code, so it is simple to assume it will affect performance.. Well I really do not like that the pirates gets actually a better and more hassle free version then If I fork out my cash and buy it..

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 01:46:30 PM »
When Pace used to be a challenge response type system thats when people really got fed up.  Purchase the real software and use the hacked version, I know of people doing that but today theres no reason.  The only issues I every have is when unknown to me my main usb hub disconnects by accident and I load up a project to find all my ilok protected plugins are not authorized.  Really easy fix. Transferring licenses, deactivating, moving plugins through the ilok manager software is so simple.  This has been my experience.