Author Topic: Any other photography people out there ?  (Read 624 times)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Re: Any other photography people out there ?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »
Thanks Pete!

I photograph capturing both Raw DNG colour and black and white jpeg.  In Adobe camera raw I convert to greyscale open the file in photoshop and do minimum correction work which amounts to enlarging to 200% to remove dust or fibers that were on the sensor at exposure....there is always dust of some sort.  It often goes unnoticed in a busy pictures but not on smooth even tones like sky.

The only technical aspect is I use a digital camera in complete manual mode...old school, so knowledge of combining aperture settings, depth of field and shutter speeds is useful, but other than that its basically point and shoot so to speak.

I started taking pictures back in the film and darkroom days where you had to get 90% if not 100% right in camera.  Your only safety net was taking polaroids so you knew as you went everything was good, this is in commercial photography.  Today with Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture in the computer it is very different.  I still do everything I can to make the photograph right in camera and that includes cropping which I only do if really necessary to save the picture.