Author Topic: Hypnos release discussions/reviews by forum members?  (Read 415 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Hypnos release discussions/reviews by forum members?
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »
I can't remember seeing any discussions or comments after the last couple Hypnos CDs were released.  This would be Antonio Testa and Subradial.  Just wondering why ?.......

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Re: Hypnos release discussions/reviews by forum members?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:47:02 PM »
I wrote a few lines about the Subradial release in the Now Playing thread. I enjoyed it. Some of the tracks are super cool, and I generally appreciate albums that blur the lines between experimental and ambient. Having said that, I didn't get a lot of replay value from it. I'll listen to it again today now that you've primed me.

The Antonio Testa samples didn't resonate strongly with me, so I didn't buy that release. I would be eager to know if others who bought it enjoyed it.

What did you think?

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
I haven't bought them.  I am waiting for more Hypnos releases and then I'll probably place one big order. 

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:33:51 PM »
We still sell CDs, but it does seem like people are less inclined to talk about them, whether they liked them or not. Maybe people are worried we'll be offended if they have any comments other than pure praise, but that's not true. Not every new release can be everyone's favorite, we realize.

[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
Maybe people are worried we'll be offended if they have any comments other than pure praise, but that's not true. Not every new release can be everyone's favorite, we realize.

Good and very valid point indeed!

From my experience (as running another label) in today, itīs indeed the case that people like to be on the "safe side" when it comes to artists/music. Probably those listeners are mainly confused by the mass of new stuff available (+ it takes effort to explore it) so they use the comfortable path of what is known and respected on the market/media (discogs etc). For instance, some years ago, Mathias Grassow made a test and released several Ambient Music albums (in who he is well know with his recognizable style) through an pseudonym (which still isnīt unveiled) and it comes very clear that those "usual customers", usually buying all of his music, wereīt be able to appreciate his music if it was released by another name. Ok, this isnīt really a surprising info, as other big names (even in pop business) have tested this pseudonym issue as well with the same result  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:03:37 PM by El culto »