Author Topic: The new dreamSTATE album is an iPhone app  (Read 19068 times)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Re: The new dreamSTATE album is an iPhone app
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
Interesting, seems to be a trend. Well done. While I'm not an app user myself, I will take this moment to say that dreamSTATE was quite important for me in my early days of exploring ambient music. Thanks for that.

Thanks so much for letting us know. That's good for my soul!

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
Picked this up last night and spent a good part of the day listening to it. Super cool! Well done, Scott! I'm enjoying this immensely.

Excellent... Thanks Chris! Feedback from the deep ambientheads here is truly appreciated.   :)

* Please allow me to be a pain-in-the-butt and request that anyone digging Ephemeral City to leave a rating or a little review at the App Store. I'm told that this is an important aspect of promotion within the Apple environment. THANKS!  8)

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
Downloaded the app onto my ipad mini yesterday. This is very good indeed. Beautiful music and enjoy the graphics also. Zapped it onto my iphone and touch also for mobile Ephemeralising.

Interesting concept this. I have the Robert Rich Somnium app but this one takes it to a whole new level. Great stuff , congratulations Scott.

Thank you Third System! My favourite mobile listening on my iPhone has been walking the dog through the back streets late a night.

I too have the Somnium app and turn to it when I'm in the mood for a sparce deep soundscape. I notice that it has disappeared from the App Store now, which is a real shame. :(

Yes I  noticed Somnium has disappeared from the app store. This is very disappointing as I was looking for it yesterday to get on my ipad. Suppose at least I have it on the phone/touch. I wonder what has happened there ?

I will also try out the dog walking scenario, not tonight though as it is effing freezing out there  ;)

PS I will leave a review in the app store when I get a chance at the weekend. Will also mention the app elsewhere. Looking forward to the next one already  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:01:09 PM by thirdsystem »

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
Picked this up last night and spent a good part of the day listening to it. Super cool! Well done, Scott! I'm enjoying this immensely.

Excellent... Thanks Chris! Feedback from the deep ambientheads here is truly appreciated.   :)

* Please allow me to be a pain-in-the-butt and request that anyone digging Ephemeral City to leave a rating or a little review at the App Store. I'm told that this is an important aspect of promotion within the Apple environment. THANKS!  8)

Cool. I just submitted a brief review and gave it a 5/5, but the app stores says it needs a few more reviews before it can display anything. I wonder if that is code for "the developer needs to pay us."   ;)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 08:16:58 AM »
Thanks for leaving a review Chris! The fact that it does not appear in the Canadian App Store (where there are a couple of Canadian reviews) confirmed for me that each country's App Store only displays reviews by its own residents. I can understand that viewing reviews in an other language "may" not be desirable, but it means that your review will also not appear in the UK or Australia App Stores - where that's not a barrier. No wonder so many apps have those popups to remind people to leave a rating/review! (Don't worry, dreamSTATE will not implement those popups in our iAlbums - but I'm glad I suggested leaving ratings/reviews here.) There's so much to learn about this new approach that we're exploring. I WAS able to see your review in the main developer tool, iTunes Connect, where there's a dropdown menu where you can observe reviews by country. Thanks doubly for your time and your words. Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:18:37 PM by Scott M2 »

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 07:32:50 PM »
Thanks for your reviews Pete and Third System... Ephemeral is now represented in the UK!

In the US, sadly, someone, who actually liked Ephemeral, lost their audio and couldn't get it back after pressing the Mute button and posted a one star review instead of contacting us via our support page to let us know their iDevice and iOS# to help ReFla5h try to reproduce and cure their problem - and we have no way of contacting them via App Reviews. Sigh. This new way of releasing our music presents new complications... but we'll learn from the process and keep refining. Thanks again for your support!

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 12:34:40 PM »
No probs. Well deserved praise indeed.

That's a damn shame putting a neg review on for that. Is there not a way you can respond to that pointing out the error by the user in a post or comment ? I thought I had seen that on the app store with other developers. Maybe not though.

Need a few positive USA users to cancel out such a stupid negative review.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »
Just wrote my own 5-star counterreview.  Hope that it helps!

Forrest

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 05:49:11 PM »
Third System - Living in Canada, I (or Lynn who actually bought Ephemeral for our household) can only leave a review in the Canadian app Store, where the reviews are A-OK.  However...

Forrest - Thanks for your review in the US Store and Triple-Thanks for also including that firm but polite push to contact the developer for help before leaving a negative review!

I'll sleep better tonight knowing people may not be frightened away from Ephemeral because of the whiff of a bug. Contacting us to help reproduce and fix any problem that might arise is rather like the way I would personally replace a defective dreamSTATE CD (and throw in a bonus) if someone reported one to me. (Hasn't happened yet - but I think most of us care about a great listener experience over just a sale.)

Again... Thanks Guys! 

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »
Heads Up for anyone using an iPad 1 who was planning to buy the dreamSTATE - Ephemeral City infinite ambient music app.

dreamSTATE built "Ephemeral City" to work on the very oldest iPads (running iOS 5.1.1) as well as the latest iPhones & iPads but knew that we would have to leave iOS 5 in the future to be able add more of the features we dreamt about.

Soooo, if you have an old iPad 1 and were planning to buy the app, NOW is the time to do it - because you will not be able to buy it in the App Store as soon as our new update goes through in the next week. (Currently still $2.99 US BTW.)

BTW - Here's a 4-minute excerpt from an "Ephemeral City" flow (It plays differently each time.):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wffc-Et18sA

After this new update, which will make "Ephemeral City" a "universal" app and allow the art to fill the full iPad screen, we will soon make another, more significant update, which will also require leaving iOS 6 behind. Ahhhh progress...

Apple has an odd system, whereby they won't allow you to buy the latest version of an app, if it doesn't support your device's operating system - but WILL continue to support your device with an earlier version IF you have previously bought it! (Hope that makes sense to you.)

Search for dreamSTATE in the iPhone section of the App Store - or click here:
http://appstore.com/dreamstateephemeralcity