Author Topic: New: Castleview - Nocturnal Soul  (Read 5519 times)

Castleview

• View Profile
New: Castleview - Nocturnal Soul
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »
https://castleview.bandcamp.com/album/nocturnal-soul

Decided to finally release my new album. It's two long pieces that I originally made with sleep in mind. Might be one of my more challenging albums but I'm happy with it. I was heavily influenced by Mathias Grassow, Eliane Radigue, and La Monte Young while recording it.

Special thanks to Igneous Flame for mastering advice.

Enjoy.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: New: Castleview - Nocturnal Soul
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
Glad to have been of some help, cool to see you've released it.

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »
I appreciate it. Your advice made those tracks even better.

In case you're wondering, I ended up delaying it to see if I could record a new third track but I ditched it and just decided to release the two tracks that I was already happy with and that became the album.

Horizon 1982

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
I figured that listening the first minutes is enough, because there's no real change or dynamics in the rest of the tracks.

I just wish you added more variation, because the start was really good.

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »
While the tracks do repeat, they technically don't repeat quite as much as you might think. In the first track, the track itself doesn't really start to repeat until after the 7 or 8 minute mark. There's one loop in particular that goes on for several minutes in there but you might not notice it on initial listen. It doesn't change a whole lot but it does change slightly during that time. There's also a 3-4 minute loop on top of that one, as well as some other ones that you probably already noticed.

There's actually quite a bit going on in both tracks, even if it's doesn't continually change from start to finish. I wanted the layers to interlock. I made this with sleeping in mind so I didn't want dynamic changes and I feel like the repetition helps, especially on the second track.

I do respect your criticism though. I do understand why somebody would want the tracks to change more. I actually want to make some tracks in the future with more variation to them.