Author Topic: FAX Re-issues  (Read 1747 times)

jdh

• View Profile
FAX Re-issues
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:27:12 PM »
I have received several notices from artists websites recently about FAX co-productions be available again.I think the rights are reverting back to the artists or some deal was struck with the Namlook estate.Several of them involved Pete such as the Richie Hawtin or Biosphere or Sultan project.Lets hope more become available but none of that will replace the FAX original CD releases,both in terms of the hard copy value and nostalgia factor.

Anyone see anything new re-issued?

In Canada on Apple Music,all of his projects are available to buy on Itunes but only 4 are available to stream so someone must be still controlling it,his family I imagine.

thirdsystem

• View Profile
Re: FAX Re-issues
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:05:55 AM »
Yes seems to be a bit of movement on re-releasing FAX which is great. The DSOTM with Schulze and now this. I am sure the "ELEKTRONIK" release is available on Material Objects bandcamp. Rights seem to be reverting back to the artists. Now if only Tetsu Inoue would turn up safe and well.

Also hope the Dave Moufang collabs become available on bandcamp and hope against hope the full FAX catalogue. I have a lot but still much to go !!!

I was a bit gutted when all the releases were removed from iTunes UK . Sad and caused complete havoc with all my album art. I spent hundreds of ús on downloads so was slightly cheesed off about that .

Good to see some albums becoming available again from Pete's life project.

drone on

• View Profile
Re: FAX Re-issues
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
As long as they don't f*** wit my boy Pete, it's all good.

I must say, that Dark Side of the Moog box looks nice, although the bonus disc is very gimmicky because  you really aren't getting rare or unreleased music.  Just to prod you into buying it basically.  I've noticed people selling their Moog discs on eBay lately so you  know they're buying it.