Author Topic: Tech Talk with Jaja  (Read 1683 times)

stargazer

• View Profile
Re: Tech Talk with Jaja
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
That is way too much space. Ideally you should be at the tip of a perfect triangle, where you are the same distance from either speaker as they are from each other. Right now you would have to be in your neighbors apartment for that to occur.  ;D  Honestly that layout would drive me crazy, where the keyboards and computer are right next to one speaker, and then miles away from the other. And the effects rack right under the mixer forcing you to straddle it or stand the entire time when using the mixer. But whatever works for you.
Loren: Thanks for your thoughts about studio monitors. We do have enough space for the sweet spot and no neighbours on the first floor. We have a studio for two and therefor with panoramic monitors. This was never a problem. And even more, it is a fantastic room sound. I am just a sound researcher :) I experience sound instead of producing. For me there is no such thing like: too much space. But the synthesizers are still in the arranging phase, and my reverb unit is on my table next to my audio interface and computer. So it's not quite as bad as it seems :D