Author Topic: Dead Can Dance reissues  (Read 1277 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Dead Can Dance reissues
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »
Bought the first five DCD reissued remasters and for the most part sound quality is noticeably better than the originals.  These are remastered, pressed in Japan on gold discs (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs) and are hybrid SACD, in mini-album jackets with full lyrics and previously unseen (at least to me) photos of Perry and Gerrard, along with other members of the original early line-up when they were more of a "band." Nice. I believe this run is limited, and the "standard" releases will soon follow (jewel cases, standard discs).  The first two: "Garden of the Arcane Delights" e.p. and "Dead Can Dance" get a much-needed volume boost, deeper lows, and cleaner sound. Excellent. "Spleen and Ideal" and "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" (arguably their two masterworks) benefit from the same improvements.  More in your face and put the sub-woofers to a good workout.  Strangely, "The Serpent's Egg" sounds exactly like the original. Not sure why, maybe I am imagining this. Would be interested to read other opinions if anyone else noticed this...??? or opinions in general on these reissues.