Author Topic: What does this music do to you?  (Read 12889 times)

Bebbo

• View Profile
Re: What does this music do to you?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »
Good one, Mirko.  I thought I was the only one that got into things like the sound of my electric razor, ect.  I live in a forest.  The bugs are amazing at night, the birds are beautiful in the morning.
I used to have a 1975 Chevy Impala with a great sounding turn signal.  I knew a few musicians that ride around with me just to hear it.

BTW, previous comment explinations.  I had this short, futile argument with someone on another board that said that people who listen to minimallism are smarter than people who didn't.  He also said that Asians were smarter than caucasions who were all smarter than Africans (my politically correct version) and that men were smarter than women and that superior races should take control, ect.  You can imagine how such a post would rustle my feathers, the whole facism/eugenetics thing really gets to me.  ANyway...  I really do not think that anyone culture produces superior art than another, that primitive art is what it is due to the primitive society it comes from.  (I did an extensive study on cave paintings years ago.)  I just feel that in todays american society of brainwashed television addicts that those of us who would rather sit around and listen to Eno or Deepspace or Vir Unis or Interstitial would possibly get more out of a painting by Albert Masson than someone who watches The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, American Idol, ect.

I tend to get myself in trouble sometimes around here, but hey, that's what makes Wayneo Oenyaw.

Not sure that I agree with you, but I would say that some people may appreciate art while not stopping to look carefully and understand why. Many years ago on a trip to the US I went to an art building which was holding an exhibition of photos by what my friend said was a renowned photographer. There was a lot of people there going round the exhibition in a queue - or line in American parlance. The girl in front of us kept describing the photos as "cool" which I thought was pretty dimwitted. Now I wonder if it's just that she didn't take the time to think why she liked the photos.

sraymar

• View Profile
    • Steve Raymar
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 05:08:56 AM »
Not sure that I agree with you, but I would say that some people may appreciate art while not stopping to look carefully and understand why. Many years ago on a trip to the US I went to an art building which was holding an exhibition of photos by what my friend said was a renowned photographer. There was a lot of people there going round the exhibition in a queue - or line in American parlance. The girl in front of us kept describing the photos as "cool" which I thought was pretty dimwitted. Now I wonder if it's just that she didn't take the time to think why she liked the photos.

She was "getting" the photos in a right-brain, "un-educated" way, her consciousness was altered. All photographers start off like that but go on to learn more in an educated manner yet still retain that "innocence".

Steve
Ambient isn't just for technicians!

The artist isn't a special kind of man, but every man is a special kind of artist.

Don't be afraid to grow, give yourself a chance.

solyaris

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »
Frees my mind to dive into the atmosphere created. 

Yes, ("ambient") music is a way ... to "free the mind"

You can call it "meditative action" and my hope is that this particular form of meditation (I refer to the mind relaxation mood when you are creating music with freedom) could overtake the brain thoughts activities ...

Yes, this liberation is probably a poor illusion ...
everything mind elaborate is imprisonned in awful time-space ties ...
but pheraps music could be that magic portal to see BEYOND the mind prison ...
to achieve the intuition of "a" beauty (what Jiddu Krishnamurti could call "LOVE") ...

giorgio
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:19:57 AM by solyaris »