Author Topic: JASON.SLOAN // ENDING [LIGHT] NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 2843 times)

rjennings

• View Profile
JASON.SLOAN // ENDING [LIGHT] NOW AVAILABLE!
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »
JASON.SLOAN // NEW STUDIO ALBUM PRE-ORDERS AND DIGITAL RELEASE DATE!

i am very excited to announce the upcoming release of ENDING [light], jason's first full length studio album
since the 2006 release hymns fortheafterlife. ENDING [light] can be described as extremely minimal and a
departure of sorts from his recent textural guitar based works. this two CD set explores the sonic terrain of a
biological / emergent, non-deterministic music through the use of custom software jason built using the processing environment.

the artwork for ENDING [light] was also produced from a similar generative system also scripted with processing.

an out-take and demo from ENDING [light] can be heard over at the slo.bor media website in the media section. http://www.slobormedia.com

**pre-orders for the physical CD will begin july 31st and ship august 15th.
the digital version of the album will be available for immediate download on july 31st at midnight through jasonsloan.com
and later in the month from all good online digital services such as itunes, emusic, amazon, rhapsody etc...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:13:31 PM by rjennings »

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
Re: JASON.SLOAN // ENDING [LIGHT] PRE-ORDER
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:42 AM »
This is a fucking must have. Cant wait to spin
that one. :)
The Samples sound extremely promising.

rjennings

• View Profile
JASON.SLOAN // ENDING [LIGHT] PRE-ORDER
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR THE HARD COPY DOUBLE DISC ENDING [liGHT] WHICH WILL SHIP ON AUGUST 15TH.
THE DOWNLOAD VERSION IS AVAILABLE NOW WITH FULL PRINTABLE ARTWORK AND LINER NOTES.

POINT YOUR BROWSER TO:

http://www.jasonsloan.com/store/

THANKS,

Rob Jennings
Slo.Bor Media

rjennings

• View Profile
Re: JASON.SLOAN // ENDING [LIGHT] NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »
ENDING [light] arrived today and look great! We will begin shipping to those who pre-order the disc tomorrow. If you were holding out until this double disc arrived, wait no longer.

This is a jason.sloan classic. For those who are fans of his more ambient style from about 5-6 years ago [ala space between beginnings and still]  this one is for you.

order at:
www.jasonsloan.com/store
www.slobormedia.com

thanks,

rob.

Dave Fisher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I finally got reregistered since Mike created this new forum. Haven't posted in a while or been here much actually. Seems a little quiet. Maybe everyone's gone for the summer. Anyway, anyone hear Jason's latest yet? I pre-ordered a copy so it should be here soon. It's been a while since Mr. Sloan had a full studio album so I am looking very forward to this double set.  I agree with SIF, the sound samples sound wonderful. I've liked a lot of Jason's recent post "Still" albums, quite a bit, but I'm a sucker for much of his pure space music. Reminds me of William Linton, early Vidna, and GOOD Roach.

Dave

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »
Just got this the other day in CD format.  Very nice and spacey, reminiscent of his earlier releases like "Shoreline of An End," though, according to the liner notes, it was created using a generative system.

Forrest

Dave Fisher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
My copy arrived at the top of the week. I have to agree with Forrest here, it's a VERY spacey album and has moved into one of my all time favorite Sloan albums. It really reminds me of his earlier "Space Between Beginnings" or "Shoreline of an End" from way back. The production is great and I've been really enjoying this one on headphones or on the big guns in the living room with the sub woofer. Lots of rummbly basses. I'm very curious about the "subliminals" on this album he makes mention of on the liner notes. All in all a great double album from an artist that really doesn't seem to get enough mention. I saw him at the Gatherings this past April and his live set just blew me away. Hopefully that show will see a release at some point. If you haven't heard this album yet, it's a great choice for the coming Fall season.