Author Topic: Free for the Wolf Moon - dreamSTATE vs. Heiki - The North Shore  (Read 1324 times)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Free for the Wolf Moon - dreamSTATE vs. Heiki - The North Shore
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
The polar vortex of deeply cold Arctic air has ventured far south across Canada and the US. This is the kind of Winter that inspired the dreamSTATE vs. Heiki album "The North Shore".

We want everyone to experience these deeply chilled soundscapes in this period of deepest Winter, so we're temporarily making "The North Shore" a free download at our dreamSTATE Bandcamp page.
https://dreamstate.bandcamp.com/album/the-north-shore

We've also halved the regular price of the CD there to $6 for those who will appreciate the cover art of Heiki's digipak design and the four signed art-cards created by Heiki, Jamie and Scott.

This is the time of the Full Wolf Moon, named by Native Americans for the first full moon of Winter, so it seems perfect to set the arc of this giveaway to the arc of the Wolf Moon from New Year's Day through to this Wednesday night.

Happy New Year!

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
Re: Free for the Wolf Moon - dreamSTATE vs. Heiki - The North Shore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:33:03 AM »
The polar vortex of deeply cold Arctic air has ventured far south across Canada and the US. This is the kind of Winter that inspired the dreamSTATE vs. Heiki album "The North Shore".

We want everyone to experience these deeply chilled soundscapes in this period of deepest Winter, so we're temporarily making "The North Shore" a free download at our dreamSTATE Bandcamp page.

We've also halved the regular price of the CD there to $6 for those who will appreciate the cover art of Heiki's digipak design and the four signed art-cards created by Heiki, Jamie and Scott.

This is the time of the Full Wolf Moon, named by Native Americans for the first full moon of Winter, so it seems perfect to set the arc of this giveaway to the arc of the Wolf Moon from New Year's Day through to this Wednesday night.

Happy New Year!

This is a true masterwork and an absolute must-have CD!! And now, with that price, what a steal!!! I can't wait for another full length chapter...

Richard  ;)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »
Thanks so much Richard!   Heads up that this is the last night for the free download or the half priced CD of "The North Shore".

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:41:17 PM »
We discussed it with Heiki and with the polar vortex continuing its visit here,
we're going to extend our free download of "The North Shore" album to Sunday,
so as many people as possible can experience the album in the weather which inspired it.
The CD will also remain half-price at $6 till then too. Happy New Year... and Stay Warm!

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »
Nice release!

Cloud Hunter

• View Profile
    • Cloud Hunter Records
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
I don't visit this Forum or post here very often, but dreamSTATE was very important to me in my early exploration of ambient music, and helped to inform my own conceptions of what it is. I just had a listen to this release and it still contains the deep and magical feeling that I have come to associate with the dreamSTATE project, which was a pleasure for me to revisit. Thom Brennan's work sounds very similar to this, particularly his track River Flow.
Did you perform and record all this live? Praise to you if you did.