MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Other Ambient (and related) Music

Asianova (Cosmic/Psychedelic/Dark Ambient)

(1/2) > >>

Ekstasis:
It does surprise me that it is no Asianova thread on this forum.
This is without doubt one of the deepest cosmic/psychedelic ambient music that exist out there!!!

For beginners I would recommend the album "Love Like a Veiled Threat", which is the most dynamic and perhaps the most accessible albums of all. The second album I would recommend is "Terminal Ferocity", this album is an 80 minute immersion, immensely deep cosmic ambient that will take you beyond time and space.

For the ultimate listening experience I would probably recommend you to use headphones, to get the sound as close to your own mind as possible, to me it really feels like the music almost comes from inside my mind when I listen, certainly a very strange experience.

Samples and sounds can be heard here.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=56895

9dragons:
I've had "Love Like a Veiled Threat" for a while now, but have only briefly listened to it. It is quite an impressive album, but I need to take a deeper plunge into it. Your post has inspired me to do so.

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: 9dragons on August 05, 2008, 09:56:32 AM ---I've had "Love Like a Veiled Threat" for a while now, but have only briefly listened to it. It is quite an impressive album, but I need to take a deeper plunge into it. Your post has inspired me to do so.

--- End quote ---

Yes I advice you to do so. I must say from personal experience, that it is not easy to get into Asianova, especially if you are not used to this kind of psychedelic ambient. My first impression of Asianova was that sound design was not good enough, it did sound way too "rustling" . However, after some deep listening during late nights in headphones in bed..I was in an totally different world..

9dragons:
I think the main reason I haven't delved deeper into it is that I have an abundance of music, and sometimes even the best albums get hidden away for a while. But you are right on when mentioning headphones. That is the new strategy, headphone listening really brings out an album in all its glory...

Ekstasis:

--- Quote from: 9dragons on August 05, 2008, 01:15:25 PM ---I think the main reason I haven't delved deeper into it is that I have an abundance of music, and sometimes even the best albums get hidden away for a while. But you are right on when mentioning headphones. That is the new strategy, headphone listening really brings out an album in all its glory...

--- End quote ---

Yes it certainly does, especially with the right headphones.

I own a pair of Beydynamics DT880 PRO (2006 version).
Everything really sounds like pure gold in them...
For me I always get a deeper listening experience in headphones...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version