Author Topic: Asianova (Cosmic/Psychedelic/Dark Ambient)  (Read 2704 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Asianova (Cosmic/Psychedelic/Dark Ambient)
« on: August 04, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »
It does surprise me that it is no Asianova thread on this forum.
This is without doubt one of the deepest cosmic/psychedelic ambient music that exist out there!!!

For beginners I would recommend the album "Love Like a Veiled Threat", which is the most dynamic and perhaps the most accessible albums of all. The second album I would recommend is "Terminal Ferocity", this album is an 80 minute immersion, immensely deep cosmic ambient that will take you beyond time and space.

For the ultimate listening experience I would probably recommend you to use headphones, to get the sound as close to your own mind as possible, to me it really feels like the music almost comes from inside my mind when I listen, certainly a very strange experience.

Samples and sounds can be heard here.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=56895

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:20:36 AM by Immersion »

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
Re: Asianova (Cosmic/Psychedelic/Dark Ambient)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »
I've had "Love Like a Veiled Threat" for a while now, but have only briefly listened to it. It is quite an impressive album, but I need to take a deeper plunge into it. Your post has inspired me to do so.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
I've had "Love Like a Veiled Threat" for a while now, but have only briefly listened to it. It is quite an impressive album, but I need to take a deeper plunge into it. Your post has inspired me to do so.

Yes I advice you to do so. I must say from personal experience, that it is not easy to get into Asianova, especially if you are not used to this kind of psychedelic ambient. My first impression of Asianova was that sound design was not good enough, it did sound way too "rustling" . However, after some deep listening during late nights in headphones in bed..I was in an totally different world..

9dragons

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »
I think the main reason I haven't delved deeper into it is that I have an abundance of music, and sometimes even the best albums get hidden away for a while. But you are right on when mentioning headphones. That is the new strategy, headphone listening really brings out an album in all its glory...

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »
I think the main reason I haven't delved deeper into it is that I have an abundance of music, and sometimes even the best albums get hidden away for a while. But you are right on when mentioning headphones. That is the new strategy, headphone listening really brings out an album in all its glory...

Yes it certainly does, especially with the right headphones.

I own a pair of Beydynamics DT880 PRO (2006 version).
Everything really sounds like pure gold in them...
For me I always get a deeper listening experience in headphones...

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »
Time to rewake this underrated band...Asianova represent my without doubts "deepest" ambient experience in headphones during night.

ÎMÂ

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »
Veiled threat I do have, great stuff.  Other albums are very hard to find anywhere.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Veiled threat I do have, great stuff.  Other albums are very hard to find anywhere.

Yes, that is true,  that is very unfortunate.. it is a very rare and cosmic experience to listen to them in headphones..
it is hard to legally get your hands of these albums, I have been ripped of two times trying to buy them legally,  first time I bought them directly from Discorporeality , I was a huge Asianova fan at the time, but it did turn out, that Ure thrall's companion that did took the orders did rip him of as well since this person only took the payments but never send any cds.  I bought a big numbers of cds plus one dvd, but yeah I never got any cds and Ure did never care to compensate me.. and now it is too many years ago to care about it.

Second time I bought the from Drone records, the album was soo scratchy that they where unable to be played, also the actualy music did not sound the same as the Flac files I had of the album something has been mixed up..I gave them away for free to a friend..

I know no legal alternative to download or stream the 6 CD set  "TURNING THE BLACK SKIES BLUE AGAIN"

I have contact with Ure on Soulseek he did lastly inform me that a new Asianova release is in it's final stages.

There is more sound samples here

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=56895

EDIT: Regarding Drone records, it was soo many years ago.. it is possible that I did not end up paying full price for the cds cause of their condition.
or if I did pay for them at all.. I can't honestly do not remember was so many years ago... but since I am not sure I should not bash the Drone records label..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:53:13 PM by Immersion »

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »
the way back machine obviously got the old Asianova website still.. if some one is interesting to get more info

http://web.archive.org/web/20070219075650/http://radiantslab.com/asianova/frames.html