OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

(1/1)

jim brenholts:
how do i add an avatar?

jkn:
Go to profile.  Click "forum profile information".  It's right at the top of that page.

jim brenholts:
still doesn't seem to be working. i added a pic and it shows up on my profile but not here.   (?)

APK:
Hi Jim.
So you went to your 'Profile', 'forum profile information' section, added an image and you see the image there (top left under 'Personalized Picture', and yet it does not show in your posts.

Couple of things.
Perhaps try clicking the 'Personalized Picture' button (rather than loading your own) and choosing one of the supplied pictures, just to see if that works when you go back to one of your posts. If that also does not work then we have a problem ... and Mike should look into it (he has higher admin priviliges).

And perhaps the picture you loaded is not in the format or size the board accepts for posts (even though it is showing in your profile). Not sure on the exact size allowed, but maybe you should stick to images no more than 100 x 100 in size.

mgriffin:
I was going to suggest a few things... try linking to an off-site hosted image and see if that will display as your avatar... if so, then the problem is with uploading an avatar image into the Forum database.

Also as Anthony suggested try to make sure the image is not too large, and not an odd format (use JPG or GIF).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version