Author Topic: Manuel Gottsching live in NYC/Philly this weekend  (Read 1759 times)

darren bergstein

Manuel Gottsching live in NYC/Philly this weekend
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »
surprised that there's been no chatter about this, so for those not in the know:

http://thegatherings.org/manuelgottsching.html

as i live right outside nyc, i'll be attending both his friday night performance (which is free) as well as his gathering debut on saturday. i've been a longtime enthusiast & admirer of gottsching since his initial ash ra tempel days & up to & through his solo work. 'e2-e4' remains a benchwater mark in so many genres (ambient, minimalism, proto-techno) that it's every bit as fresh, innovative, & exciting today as it was when it was recorded 27 years ago. gottsching will be debuting that recording on friday; his saturday performance in philly will apparently feature pieces from 'die mulde' (an excellent work, btw), 'blackouts', and others from his back catalog. i've been awaiting this for months; one way or the other, this looks to be a seminal event for '08, at the very least hopefully one of the more memorable shows of the last clutch of years.

anyone else here plan on attending?

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Manuel Gottsching live in NYC/Philly this weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »
No, I live in CA, so you better put your review here Darren!

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
Re: Manuel Gottsching live in NYC/Philly this weekend
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
Manuel will be performing in LA next year.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell