Author Topic: INNESTI - Parenthetical  (Read 409 times)

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
INNESTI - Parenthetical
« on: January 04, 2020, 06:19:32 PM »
I just released the next INNESTI album, "Parenthetical." It is available as "free/name your price" on Bandcamp.   

The album contains 8 ethereal, minimal ambient soundscapes created with field recordings, organic synthesis, turns of phrase, and the contours of shadows.

In this album I was trying to capture an atmosphere that combines (a) the kind of contemporary ambient to which we're all accustomed here on the Hypnos Forums with (b) the pensive, incidental spaces that helped define the mood and structure of some This Mortal Coil albums from the 80s. The result is pretty unique. I'm really proud of this release.

There is also a limited edition CDr available for people (like me) who really appreciate physical products. The disc is professionally duplicated, and housed in a beautiful four-panel digipak featuring the mesmerizing photography of Katia Chausheva.

https://innesti.bandcamp.com/

Sihou

• View Profile
Re: INNESTI - Parenthetical
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
Thank you so much for such an album, Chris!

This is very unexpected. I hope that the feeling of rapture and delight from listening to your creation will remain with me for a long time.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it!

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
Just started listening to it earlier and so far, it's another standout release. I could definitely hear the This Mortal Coil influence on the first track.

AVirtualMemoryOfficial

• And the things of Earth will grow strangely dim.
    • View Profile
    • AVM Official Soundcloud:
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:52:58 PM »
This album is incredibly beautiful, introspective, haunting, and timeless... I especially love "The Absence of Presence", "Parenthetical Moments", "Separated by a Thought" and "Dark Describes an Arc" (really into the field recordings on this one especially). Really looking forward to checking out the rest of your work. Suffice to say, really brilliant record, great job with this one! Oh and the photography is just amazing!

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
Thanks for giving it a listen and providing some feedback!

Here is a brief video for one of the tracks, Parenthetical Moments, created by Natalia Drepina.