Author Topic: Best Friend  (Read 9612 times)

Joe R

• View Profile
Re: Best Friend
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »
Once again, I want to thank you all for your kind responses. We just got back from the funeral, and now it's time to adjust our lives to the loss.

I don't mind people saying "I know what you're going through". My feelings of mourning are not much different than anyone else's, we've all lost loved ones at one time or another.
His son gave a warm, and sometimes humorous, sermon at the service. The most memorable line was "Life is all about choices, and usually you were right on. But this time, dad, you took the wrong path."

Ben Fleury-Steiner

• View Profile
Re: Best Friend
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »
My best friend killed himself yesterday evening. He had been having marital problems, and had recently begun divorce proceedings. He leaves behind his wife and 2 children.

Right now we're feeling pretty rotten. It seems like a horrible nightmare that'll pass, but of course it won't. It's so unreal...

If you can send your prayers and positive energy this way for him, his family, and his friends, it would be greatly appreciated.

I always hear people say that God will never give you a burden greater than you can bear, but maybe that's not true. It certainly wasn't for him.

best wishes to you, joe...take especially good care of yourself and family in these pain filled times...