Author Topic: APERUS ~ Archaic Signal  (Read 148 times)

Aperus

• View Profile
APERUS ~ Archaic Signal
« on: October 12, 2020, 09:04:09 PM »
Aperus ~ "Archaic Signal"
Download: "Name your Price"
CD: $15 (special artwork)
https://aperus.bandcamp.com/album/archaic-signal

"... an hour of deepest cosmos exploration of uniquely black-holed drones only ever dreamt before, but not heard - with billions of shimmering white dwarfs... trippy, wonderful space music concrete with a great dose of bliss. Unique stuff with a lot of thought and craft." ~ Ekhart Buhler

Work on the album began in 2018 with explorations into analog equipment, shortwave radio, field recordings, and deliberate manipulation of audio tape to color the sound. The title "Archaic Signal" appeared as a mirage while visiting a petroglyph site in northern New Mexico - the images felt like viable signals still holding a charge. Then, this feeling occurred again while listening to birdsong outside of my studio, as if the signal was ancient and current at the same time. Finally, dialing through shortwave radio, I listened to news reports, number stations, personal messages, calls to prayer and cosmic noise from all the over the world, night after night. Here is my attempt to record and process all of that and deliver it to you.

I think this one may be my best, most focused albums with audio and visuals at the highest level. You can download this is as a "name your price" album, but may want the physical CD once you see and hear this.

For fans of: Biosphere, William Basinski, Rapoon, Seti, Steve Roach, Robert Rich, Alio Die, Remanence, Lustmord, Gas, Vidna Obmana, Oophoi, Russell Mills, Tim Hecker, David Sylvian, Holger Czukay, Atomine Elektrine and experimental ambient/electronic music.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:01:58 AM by Aperus »