Author Topic: Problems again with Small Voices/A Silent Place  (Read 5540 times)

ffcal

• View Profile
Problems again with Small Voices/A Silent Place
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:11:58 PM »
Some of you may remember that I had problems several months ago in getting a CD I had ordered on eBay from Small Voices.  The CD finally arrived 2 months after I ordered it, but only after I filed a dispute with PayPal.

Unfortunately, it appears that history has repeated itself.  This time I ordered an extremely limited Fabio Orsi CD from an Italian seller on eBay who only identified itself/himself as "vuoi_la_musica_la_musica_ti_daremo!"  Only after I purchased the CD was the seller identified as being from A Silent Place.  Almost two months have passed and, once again, I have forced to file another dispute with PayPal.  Here is a link to this seller eBay feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vuoi_la_musica_la_musica_ti_daremo!&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=290243179992

It appears that most if not all of the negative comments came in the past month, and, not coincidentally, the seller's eBay store appears to have closed up shop.  I suspect that this seller has reopened another eBay store under a different name, so beware if you are purchasing ambient CDs from an unknown Italian seller.  This a unique form of fraud I have never seen before.

Forrest

uhurit

• View Profile
Re: Problems again with Small Voices/A Silent Place
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »
Funny thing, I've noticed the same : one italian seller disappeared and another one re-emerged, as I was eyeing those same CD's. Ambient music fraud? That's a shitty thing to do, for sure.

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:59:40 PM »
hey Forrest, what coincidently.. i'm having exactly the same problem with them at this moment, after winning 2 ebay biddings in the last 6 plus weeks. i've been trying to contact them via older -non-active- email addresses which didn't work after they changed the ebay store's name twice recently, like you said!
they started with A Silent place, then Ladyoscar i guess.. and now their current name as you mentioned.

all this most probably to get around with ebay's policy.. after getting negative feedback from others and maybe even account suspension..
i remember, with an older bidding, which went quite smoothly, that they were begging for positive feedback that time, does that say anything..?

i'm not someone who will complaint or give negative feedback right away, but still i'm trying to show a bit more patience.. however if no result soon, i'll be forced to take action on this.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:03:24 AM by jim02 »

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:19:09 AM »
i'm not someone who will complaint or give negative feedback right away, but still i'm trying to show a bit more patience.. however if no result soon, i'll be forced to take action on this.

Jim,

Be careful.  PayPal, unlike eBay, has only a 45-day window within which to initiate the dispute.  I almost blew the time period, thinking that I had 60 days under eBay's dispute procedure.

I brought this to the forum's attention because I thought it was a highly unusual way for an ambient label to subsidize its releases.  I won't be buying any more Small Voices/Silent Places releases, directly or through anyone else.

Forrest

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
thanks Forrest for informing me on the limited timespan i have concerning complaints like this.
i'll will contact paypal tomorrow about this, still need to find out how to do it..
will come back to this topic.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »
Are you guys describing an Italian record label that is setting up Ebay accounts to scam people into buying their own CDs, and then never sending the CDs?  Or is the seller unrelated to the label?  I'm confused... just curious.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
In my case, the seller is definitely related to the label.  The Seller was identified as "vuoi_la_musica_la_musica_ti_daremo!", and after I won the eBay auction, the contact email provided for the seller was "info@asilentplace.it."  That is the same email address given on the website for the "A Silent Place" label.  Also, the address provided in both the email telling me I had won the auction and at the website was the same:  70031 Andria, BA Italia.  Had I known I was dealing with the same vendor under a different eBay seller who nearly stiffed me earlier, I would not have bought from him a second time.  2 months later I still have not received the CD.  The timing and number of adverse comments for this seller leads me to believe he has set up his shop under another eBay seller name.  I think this guy is even lower than the last owner of Silent Records who completely stiffed me after I hand-delivered a box of 25 CDs to him.

Forrest

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »
here once again their -new- shop's name;
http://stores.ebay.com/music-in-the-hair

they are all the same person, as i refer to the same address name to who i sent the money by paypal; p.l.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
i have won some cd's recently on ebay and - fortunately - none from an italian seller.
i have run into something that appears to be a bit off kilter. if i am outbid on an item and increase my bid i am outbid right after i confirm my bid. is someone escalating automatically?
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »
That's not fishy at all -- someone has put in a much higher bid and Ebay's system only shows their bid as being as high as it needs to be to be "in first place," up to their limit.  If you keep raising smaller amounts you'll keep seeing them automatically "raise" just enough to be ahead of you, until you bid higher than their max limit.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
Mike's right, Jim.  What you're complaining about is just the way that eBay bidding works.

One other peculiar thing about this whole Silent Place switcheroo.  PayPal identifies the seller involved in my dispute as "PASQUALE LOMOLINO," while my email from eBay informing me that I won the auction identifies the seller as "Michele Attimonelli."  Sounds like another "Lisa Franklyne."  ;)

Looks like the seller is now calling herself/himself "ladyoscar76."  Isn't the web great?

Forrest

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
That's so weird to me.  If you wanted to scam people on Ebay by taking bids, and then not sending the items, why not try a kind of music with a wider audience, so you could offer 500 items, and collect thousands of dollars... instead of tapping into our teeny tiny little niche?

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
Now I'm confused--why is this a non-hypnos artists and labels topic?

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:38 AM »
Now I'm confused--why is this a non-hypnos artists and labels topic?

Because the fraudulent dude/lady/it in question appears to also be synonymous with Small Voices/A Silent Place, a non-Hypnos (ambient) label.

Forrest

Gurdonark

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 02:20:35 PM »
I do not know anything about the Italian seller(s), but this thread reminds me why I like that Hypnos CDs arrive when ordered  :)