Author Topic: Passing friends  (Read 8437 times)

Ben Fleury-Steiner

• View Profile
Passing friends
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
Its been awhile since I've posted here.  Being a relatively new dad has kept me insanely busy and not able to check out my favorite forum in many, many months. 

I feel a special bond here as two people I got to know well (Rigel Orionis I even collaborated with) are no longer with us.

I'm just know listening to IXOHOXI and remembering through sound and spirit the wonderful artist, Dan Russo...And am amazed at the depth of Jim Brenholts's compositions as he evolved into his musical persona, Rigel Orionis - Night Heat is a pretty special piece of work to say the least...There's a deep emptiness with both their untimely deaths...

The passing of another year brings their memories especially alive for me...I feel lucky to have met them first here on the Hypnos forum--a place where kindred spirits share their love for a kind of listening that few understand nor genuinely appreciate...And for that I'm deeply grateful...

einstein36

• View Profile
Re: Passing friends
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
In a sort of tribute to Jim, me and him finished our last collab together right before he died as Orion's Belt so please be on the look out for it next year coming on Dark Duck Records...
I will miss him too...he definitely was coming into his music....
Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »
We also lost Jorge Reyes, Andy Hughes of the Orb, and Dani of the Celer. I thought Gordon died this past year, but from looking over the forum my guess it was last year. Still, he and the others are missed.  :'(

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:31:58 PM by LNerell »
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Ben Fleury-Steiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
We also lost Jorge Reyes, Andy Hughes of the Orb, and Dani of the Celer. I thought Gordon died this past year, but from looking over the forum my guess it was last year. Still, he and they others are missed.  :'(

wow..shocking, so many...And how could I have possibly forgotten my beloved friend, Dani...I had the pleasure of speaking with her on the phone at length before the release of her brilliant work as Chubby Wolfthe timelessL'Histoire .... My forthcoming Infraction release is also dedicated to her..

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
I was just thinking of Gordon this week.  I recently picked up Klaus Wiese's "Dunya" CD, based on his glowing review on Amazon.  Still hard to believe that he's no longer here (or Jim).

Forrest

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »
"I got caught in a storm
Carried away
I got turned turned around

I got caught in a storm
That's what happened to me
So I didn't call
And you didn't see me for awhile"

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/01/04/quebec-lhasa-death.html

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »
Yeah Mark - We just heard about Lhasa on CBC this morning.  What a sad surprise.
It seems the family wanted it kept quite for a while. Very understandable.

Axs

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 04:39:26 AM »
I sure didn't knew her but I was quite shocked when I heard the passing of Dani Long from Celer. Even more, it is one of my favorite ambient bands period, and knowing she died at such a young age left me quite sad and empty... So it can come as a bit of an over-reaction, especially since I never met her nor Will but it's such a miss that makes you remember we still all are human beings after all :'(